Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ambergate woods riders beware. (Genuine warning content)
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I appreciate 99 percent on here would style it out but for the 1 percent this and at least 4 others tonight on just one of the trails, placed perfectly after a nice swoopy corner where you wouldn’t see it till take off.
    Absolute ****!

kcal

that’s some obstacle, would take a fair bit of effort to put it there.

On a local path, have encountered similar stuff on much smaller scale – as quickly as I cleared small branches, they were back. At first assumed it was maybe windfall, or dogs leaving on trail, but had cleared some fallen trees and now reckon its some re-forming of the obstacles…

Olly
    Free Member

Dont move it, rub it in their noses by building a feature over it.

Seen a bit of it up there wrighty – how long before it’s wire is the worrying thought?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I know it happens a lot in the Derwent Valley but are you sure it’s not windfall, there’s loads of trees down on Cromford Canal and in the surrounding area?

MoreCashThanDash

And is it on a footpath or a bridleway? I know that area has had a few tensions over the years, one of the reasons I wimp out and pootle round my flat and boring local bridleways avoid heading up that way.

Knobbish thing to do regardless, obviously

wrightyson
    Free Member

Definitely not wind fall. Absolutely 100 percent placed there as there were several more which I couldn’t be arsed to photo. One was directly after a rock drop off. They’d actually gone to the trouble of pulling the stuff from the side of the trail.

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Which side of the valley was this? Crich or wire works? Have moved a few bits myself lately and posted on peak district MTB about it as they are recurring each week, though i haven’t seen on that big so far.

wrightyson
    Free Member

This was in shining cliff. Short section from jackass to higg lane, so loads of other trails up there.

samunkim
    Free Member

We have the same problem round our way

You have three choices.

The fun one, is putting more sticks/logs against it and turning it into a kicker. That really hacks off “stick-ladies”

The other choice is carefully moving it to the side of the trail then coating the underside with dog-mess for next time its picked up.

or just don’t escalate and just saw it in half, an hurl it as far as you can off into the trees

devash
    Free Member

The other choice is carefully moving it to the side of the trail then coating the underside with dog-mess for next time its picked up.

That is so fantastically evil!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ambergate woods riders beware. (Genuine warning content)’ is closed to new replies.