Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Amazon's return policy – any experts about? (leaky goretex content).
  • user-removed
    Free Member

I think I am missing TJ…

I bought a pair of Merrell Chameleon Goretex hiking boots on the 1st of September. They’ve had pretty minimal use but on today’s dog walk, the right boot let lots of water into the toe end of the boot.

The water definitely didn’t come from above as my sock was bone dry apart from my toes.

Amazon seem to say that I can’t return goods after 30 days – I’ve been going round in circles on their site. Surely that can’t be right, assuming that the boots are defective?

IME amazon are brilliant at returns (and evading tax returns). Hit them up and you’ll be pleased

jimilindley
    Free Member

Nothinbg to do with “their” policy. Statutory rights always mean more, ie laws of the country, in this case Sales of Good Act. A product should be fit for purpose, you have up to 7 years to decide if the product is fit for purpose, taking into account how much was paid.

user-removed
    Free Member

Good stuff, thanks. On the phone right now! Not sounding good, but I’ll try the fit-for-purpose thing…

Jamie
    Free Member

Amazon seem to say that I can’t return goods after 30 days – I’ve been going round in circles on their site. Surely that can’t be right, assuming that the boots are defective?

That is if they are unused. I have sent faulty stuff back upto, and sometimes after, a year.

user-removed
    Free Member

Bloody seething. Just spent 20 mins on the phone – first to a monkey and then to an organ grinder. Both insisted there was absolutely no way I could get a refund / replacement. At least that seemed to be the jist of it – could barely understand them (call centre somewhere overseas where English is obviously not required for the job).

FFS, I’ve worn them less than a dozen times!

I got the generic email address and postal address out of them but despite standing my ground, she just repeated the same few lines over and over again.

Anyone got an email address which might actually get results?

user-removed
    Free Member

Hmmm. Not cut and dried though is it?

From the Which guide to understanding the sale of goods act;

But, the law only gives you a reasonable time to do this – what’s reasonable depends on the product and how obvious the fault is.

However, even with major purchases or complex items, it’s safest to work on the basis you usually have no more than three to four weeks from when you receive it to reject it.

Sending an email anyway, now I’ve calmed down a bit.

fubar
    Free Member

I just emailed thru their ‘contact us’ link on the site and explained a fault. They were helpful in arranging a refund.

I’m shocked! I’ve bought several pricey earphones from them over 10 years and have always been fantastic with returns.

Go get em’ cowboy

Del

i returned an mp3 player about 6 months after purchase that just crapped out might have been used in the rain, they refunded me ( couldn’t do a straightforward replacement, note ), and i went and bought the new version for less cash – win! 😀
    just go straight for a refund on return.

user-removed
    Free Member

The ‘problems’ seemed to stem from the fact that I bought the boots in one of their ‘Bargain Basement’ sales and that it’s been four and a bit months. But as neither of those things really affect the SOGA, I most certainly will be badgering away at this.

Not a happy bunny 🙁

Drac

It’s not a return which is 30 days and probably confusing them, you need to speak to them about defective goods it’ll be on their site somewhere.

jon1973
    Free Member

Maybe your credit card company can help if you’re drawing a blank with Amazon?

user-removed
    Free Member

When you go through the return process online, you can tell them there that the goods are “Defective or not working properly”, which I did. Sadly it’s below the limit for suckbacks – good thinking though!

Drac

Defective Items
    If your item isn’t working properly, please check the product manual (which arrived with the item) and the Amazon.co.uk detail page for the product. You can usually find troubleshooting and “getting started” information there. If you need additional assistance, you need to request missing pieces or replacement parts, or you need warranty information, you may find it helpful to contact the manufacturer directly. See Manufacturer Contact Details for more information.

If you can’t resolve the problem after contacting the manufacturer, go to the Product Specific Policies page and click on the product type to find more information about receiving a replacement or returning your item for a refund.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-3?ie=UTF8&nodeId=1161016&qid=1293053268&sr=1-3

nealglover
    Free Member

…leaky GoreTex content

I wouldn’t be content if mine was leaking 😐

user-removed
    Free Member

Drac – All those links take you to the same page if you’re logged in, at which point it transpires that if it’s been more than 30 days, you can’t print a returns label and you have to phone them. Which is what I did.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Amazon's return policy – any experts about? (leaky goretex content).’ is closed to new replies.