• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cp.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Amazon.co.uk parts from USA?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I ordered some brake pads from Amazon.co.uk. I got the confirmation email and noticed the delivery date was end of May. I assumed this was a mistake. The brake pads have arrived today. But they came from the USA.

Surely this is a bit dodgy?

They were £21.50 worth of pads so well over the import tax rate. The customs sticker has the parts valued at $1. I guess this gets past some customs inspections. But even so surely there was a risk I could have been stung for customs duty(s)?

Anyone else had this?

cp

I assume what you bought was from a market place trader on Amazon rather than Amazon themselves.

riddoch

Amazon does make it difficult to tell the source, we were caught out at Christmas time with something coming from Hong Kong unexpectedly. No tax to pay but it would have been around the threshold price wise anyway. It was the deliver time that was annoying.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Yes, I agree it’s dodgy business tactics. If you’d been asked for a customs payment you could have refused delivery and demanded a refund for non-supply, but there’s a risk you might not have realised what the parcel was.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Amazon in tax fraud?! Never!

cp

Amazon does make it difficult to tell the source

It’s in black and white right underneath the price…

…”sold by xyz”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Amazon.co.uk parts from USA?’ is closed to new replies.