Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Amazon Warehouse Deals – Send any old tat?
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

Saw a link to some cheap xx1 direct mount cranks, thought they be alright

Amazon sent me these 😆

I’m not sure they know what they stock and it looks like someone’s ordered some xx1s and returned their old cranks

munrobiker
    Free Member

Those are stock Commencal cranks. How weird.

wiggles
    Free Member

So someone got some XX1s and sent their old ones back for a refund on the XX1s? What a ****

bails

wiggles – Member
    So someone got some XX1s and sent their old ones back for a refund on the XX1s? What a ****

Or maybe that’s what the OP is up to. He’s just sorting the back story before emailing Amazon 😉

martinhutch

Have you got any even older cranks you could swap in before you send them back?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Or maybe that’s what the OP is up to. He’s just sorting the back story before emailing Amazon

ha i wouldn’t have the balls to do that

certainly looks like it, my pics are generous, they are VERY used

Those are stock Commencal cranks. How weird.

thanks for ID’ing them, i did wonder 😀

hexhamstu
    Free Member

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004L36W7M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got these for £36, brand new apart from no tags or box. So some bargains to be had.

andyrm
    Free Member

Could also be a shady seller. When you sell on Amazon FBA there’s an option to add your stock to a central pool. You make less % margin as price erosion happens but is good for high volume sales. It’s not unheard of for shady sellers to use it to pass off fake goods – usually consumer electronics, but if someone shady got hold of some OEM cranks and boxes, they could do this.

You’re well protected as a buyer though so all good…..

dirtyrider
    Free Member

you keep popping up on Amazon threads 😉

even some of the FBA stuff, is still Amazon, theres an item in the Warehouse deals that i returned last week, its a rare item, it cannot be anything other than the item i returned,

this is a very well used, seemingly OEM commencal chainset in a XX1 box

dirtyrider
    Free Member

got another after a few that were fine, i present an “Eagle” Cassette 😆

hammerite
    Free Member

I managed to get some Smith ski goggles for about £20 (about £100 less than they should be). The box had been opened, but they were brand new with tags attached. But they seemed to be missing the spare lens that came with them.

I contacted Amazon to ask if they could supply the spare lens but they said they couldn’t. They offered me a full refund for return or an extra £5 off. I took the £5.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I once bought some Easton Havoc carbon bars, when they arrived they were the standard alloy ones in the box. Dare say with companies like Amazon, especially where returned products are not being reviewed by an ‘expert’ things can go amiss. Sounds like it happens a lot…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Warehouse Deals – Send any old tat?’ is closed to new replies.