Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Amazon sale help
  • vrapan
    Free Member

Hi guys,

I got an item up for sale on amazon and got a message from a guy offering me an out off Amazon deal. He is prepared to pay BACS and though he is offering less than the item is currently for sale on Amazon it will still net me more cash as I will not have to pay the fees.

Aside from the fact that it is not strictly ok with Amazon to do this what can go wrong? I mean if he pays first and I see the money appear in my account can he still somehow claim it back? I will post the item afterwards using SD to make sure there is proof of shipping and tracking.

The message sounds genuine.

wwaswas

can he still somehow claim it back

yep. when it turns out the account being used has been hacked and the bank just recovers it.

vrapan
    Free Member

OK thanks for the quick reply… he also offered payment via Paypal Gift…? That any safer although I hate paypal and I am really not in the mood of using it.

DrP

Just tell him to buy via amazon.
    It’s clearly distressing you, and life isn’t worth that kind of hassle??

DrP

vrapan
    Free Member

Not distressing me really, that item has been on sale there for long enough. I mean his proposition is logical (he will pay less i will earn more), just worrying if he is genuine that’s all.

camo16
    Free Member

Why is the guy so keen to work outside Amazon?

Can’t you compromise within Amazon and get the protection that Amazon offers?

vrapan
    Free Member

He is offering me a lower price than I have the item listed for.

And yes I have been thinking about it actually, I can offer to reduce the price a bit so he can buy through Amazon.

Cougar

Erm, doesn’t that leave you with even less money? You initially wanted to take the offer because your net profit was higher overall, and now you’re wanting to pay the fees and lower the price?

vrapan
    Free Member

Hi Cougar,

I am making a profit on the item regardless. I am not interested in making money out of it anyway I just want to sell it, I was considering it because it was the first offer in a while really.

His reasoning was that I stand to earn a bit more and he stands pay a fair bit less. As far as I am concerned though I’d rather have the reassurance of an Amazon transaction than an extra 40-50£.

I hope I am making sense.

Cougar

Sure. It was just you mentioned it in your first paragraph so I figured that was your motivation. Dropping the price for a quick sale makes sense.

BACS, incidentally, can be reversed if it’s done quickly – it has to be same day, I think.

Drac

he also offered payment via Paypal Gift…? That any safer although I hate paypal and I am really not in the mood of using it.

And on that Bombshell it’s time to say goodnight.

vrapan
    Free Member

Sure. It was just you mentioned it in your first paragraph so I figured that was your motivation. Dropping the price for a quick sale makes sense.

BACS, incidentally, can be reversed if it’s done quickly – it has to be same day, I think.

I’ll drop by my bank tomorrow and ask , though he seems fine with the idea of meeting me half way and going through amazon.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Amazon sale help’ is closed to new replies.