Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Amazon Prime, worth the money?
  • granny_ring

My free trial finishes soon, only signed up for it to get the next day delivery on a couple of things that I needed in a hurry.
    I can’t see myself making many more orders over the next year and not sure how much I’d do the film & music stuff, convince me I should sign up…..or not 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

I can’t see myself making many more orders over the next year and not sure how much I’d do the film & music stuff

Seems like it would be a waste of money then ?

wallop

Make sure you’ve already opted out – I was one of the mugs that didn’t spot that the renewal is automatic at the end of the free trial… unless you tell it not to be.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    busydog
    Free Member

We have had a Prime account for 3 months and have already saved more than the annual fee in shipping costs as we order quite a lot through them. It is also nice to have the 2nd day delivery. But if you don’t order much and don’t use the music/video feature probably not worth it.

itlab
    Free Member

Its not from what i can see.

£79 pounds to get stuff delivered to your door next day probably isn’t worth it (unless your busydog). I think I’ve used next day delivery from Amazon twice in the last 10 years and both times were my own fault for realy poor planning. also bear in mind they do next day delivery for smaller items to an Amazon pick up box in a local co-op, off-licece or corner shop for £2 last time I checked (christmas presents).

TV wise I think Netflix edges it but that depends on what you like to watch

I don’t thing prime has had any big exclusive TV shows and blockbuster film wise its probably level pegging. although Amazon has just bought Clarksons soul but thats not likely to appear for another 9+ months at least.

At the moment i would say cancel it.

if they keep offering people $250 to people to make tv for them then in 12 months the answer could be different

masher
    Free Member

We had it for 2 years before they added the TV stuff and almost doubled the cost.

I think its value depends on where you live.

Without prime – if you live in a city you can usually get next day delivery to an amazon locker for £2.

If you live in the sticks / nothern scotland then prime probably is a bargain.

granny_ring

What I should have said is that I’m more than likely to cancel it unless convinced to stay.
    Good call about the parcel locker, I’ll look in to that.

busydog
    Free Member

Is the £79 the annual Prime fee in the UK. If so, it is a bit higher than the $99.00 for the US version. If I remember correctly, the second day delivery comes with any order for a Prime specified item.

ste_t
    Free Member

For the first year it makes sense for me as plenty of movies I’ve never seen and saved cash on bits I’ve bought. Needed a memory card for my new bike camera – ordered at 7pm and came next day, cheaper than anywhere else. Once I’ve watched all the movies I want it won’t be worth it so won’t renew

cloudnine
    Free Member

Unlimited cloud storage for photos.. and they are started to add a lot of free music. Plus TV and films.

Once I’ve watched all the movies I want it won’t be worth it

They add and change to movies quite often

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Photos, movies and music – that is what makes it worth it for me. I probably save a bit on delivery too over the course of the year.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Prime, worth the money?’ is closed to new replies.