Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Amazon Prime – What's it all about?
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Did the free trial to get a load of my sons birthday presents delivered, for got to cancel and have just been bummed £80 for the subscription. So, apart watching from watching three tiresome, boorish **** boring everyone shitless about cars, how can I get my moneys worth? Just ha d a quick look at the ‘benefits’ summary and was significantly underwhelmed.

footflaps

You can cancel at any time and get unused money back (to the nearest day IIRC).

Go to Amazon.co.uk and put “Cancel Prime” into their search bar…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Thank God. Really thought i was going to have to watch top gear. I love you footflaps. 😀

scotroutes

I believe they are very open to refunding your automatic renewal.

I have it for the fast/free delivery (Highlands of Scotland so many folk want to milk you for extra delivery charges).

Scan through the rest of the TV and movies. Man in The High Castle is a good example of unique content.

footflaps

Really thought i was going to have to watch top gear.

🙂

rossburton
    Free Member

Apart from the delivery, I can recommend Preacher and Lucifer.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Take a browse through the video on demand section for films & tv you want to see. I’m finding a lot but not looking from the UK

legend
    Free Member

Make sure to watch Mr Robot before cancelling

footflaps

Season 1 was quite good, but Season 2 was a real disappointment.

Xylene
    Free Member

Goliath is good

woody2000

Also watch “man in the high castle”

Prime is a clever ploy by Amazon to get you to buy stuff from them, even though the price might be lower elsewhere. You start looking for prime delivery items even though you might not need it next day, just because you’ve paid for prime. I use amazon quite a bit, and tend to order prime stuff but choose “no rush” and get a £1 credit towards kindle books 🙂

I think it’s a decent all round package – music, TV, movies, books (Kindle lending library) and the delivery options. Well worth £79 a year IMO

steve-g
    Free Member

Season 1 was quite good, but Season 2 was a real disappointment

I think right up to Episode 9 of Season 1 it was top drawer, then that final episode it just went off the rails completely. Working my way through Season 2 now, last night Alf was in it, very strange

cp

What’s amazon music selection like? I currently use spotify for which i like the pre-made playsists and discover weekly etc…. Is there much content on Prime?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

for got to cancel and have just been bummed £80 for the subscription

Ring them up and they will refund (if you haven’t used the service after the free period)

I did the trial, and thought the interface was horrible. Couldn’t work out where stuff was so didn’t end up watching anything, or using music.

legend
    Free Member

Each to their own, loved season 2 – fully mental at times!

windowshopper
    Free Member

I use amazon quite a bit, and tend to order prime stuff but choose “no rush” and get a £1 credit towards kindle books

I didn’t know you could do this. Well worth knowing, thanks!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Season 2 did go somewhat trip for a bit, but well worth sticking with it – all explained later in the series

molgrips
    Free Member

Amazon prime video – same price as Netflix more or less, we watch it just as much
    Amazon prime music – same price as Spotify, more or less
    Free delivery – if you order more than 2-3 things a month it can pay for itself so the other stuff is free anyway.

Very good deal imo *if* you use the benefits, of course.

What’s amazon music selection like?

You have albums and tracks on there to search, You also have stations which are I think algorithmically generated infinite playlists based on the headline artist – so on say the Vaccines station you get tunes similar (Green Day station is great for cleaning the house to). Then the other option is playlists, which seem to have been hand-created according to a theme like ‘feel good indie’ (a current fave), seem to be 50 songs long ish.

Another nice option is that if you like a song you can click download, and it puts it into your offline collection on your phone. Doesn’t work on PC, but it’s dead handy to have a big stack of music on your phone for nowt.

woody2000

Amazon music is actually ok, though the SONOS interface is utterly crap IMO. Plenty of playlists and artist stations, all main stream pop stuff mainly, but that suits the Mrs and kids (me less so) 🙂

mic8
    Free Member

Just a note that Amazon Music has changed recently.

The original Amazon Prime Music (still available with Prime membership) – you get access to approx 2 million songs, however they’ve recently launched a separate service called Amazon Music Unlimited, which is essentially their version of Spotify (with ~40 million songs IIRC).

legend
    Free Member

Amazon prime music – same price as Spotify, more or less

Less, definitely less. Of course, you do have the option of paying another £7.99/month to upgrade to Music Unlimited 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh.. that’s paid for separately?

mic8
    Free Member

It only launched this month I believe.

revs1972
    Free Member

Just a quick note to say that their delivery drivers are right up there with the worst of the courier services.
    Parcels just left on the front step, whilst tracking info says it was handed over to you by the lying driver.
    Had one go missing even though it said it was handed to me , Amazon refunded me within 24 hours though

legend
    Free Member

Faultless delivery here, given that a lot of them are effectively self-employed feedback should go a long way

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Also watch “man in the high castle”

sesaon 2 coming soon, looking forward to it.

milky1980
    Free Member

MITHC is great, forgot season 2 was imminent 😀

5thElefant
    Free Member

Oh.. that’s paid for separately?

Sort of. The basic 2 million track service is included. When I’ve finished that I’ll upgrade…

legend
    Free Member

Not sold on High Castle, giving at least half a clue to what’s going on would be good – feels a bit Lost right now 😕

EDIT: Into The Badlands was bloody brilliant on the other hand!

zippykona

Started on Last Man On Earth. Not top telly by any means but better than anything else that was on last night.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not sold on High Castle, giving at least half a clue to what’s going on would be good – feels a bit Lost right now

That’s the fun. You don’t know where the films come from, or how they get here, or who is distributing them and why.. everyone’s got a theory though.

And watch to the end.. it’s worth it! Boom!

legend
    Free Member

Seen the whole series…… boom aaannnnddddd we still know as much as we did in episode 1

molgrips
    Free Member

Well it confirms something which then extrapolates to offer a few hints to the answers.

Most blatant play ever to make sure people watch the second series though. And most effective! Can’t wait!

Me and the Mrs used to watch only one ep a night, and then spent the rest of the evening discussing what had happened and how that hinted at the situation.

ninfan
    Free Member

Really enjoying Goliath

hammerite
    Free Member

Amazon Prime Music – some of the songs have the words which come up on screen. Perfect for a terrible impromptu karaoke session!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Prime – What's it all about?’ is closed to new replies.