Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Amazon prime – what to watch?
  • jammiedodger
    Free Member

I’m laid up with an injury at the moment, I have access to Amazon prime, can anyone recommend something good to watch? Thanks

AdamW
    Free Member

The latest Scooby Doo, of course!

footflaps

We’re watching Vikings at the moment…

chip
    Free Member

I’ve recently subscribed to prime myself, so would be interested to hear of anything worth watching.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Watched all of the man in the hightower post knee surgery

beej

Halt and Catch Fire.

About the rise of the US computer industry in the early 80s. It’s a drama, been described as “Mad Men” for geeks. It’s brilliant and hasn’t got the attention it deserves.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/oct/16/farewell-to-halt-and-catch-fire-the-best-show-that-nobody-watched

takisawa2

Don’t know if it’s on Prime but that Stranger Things in Netflix is quite watchable.

angeldust
    Free Member

American Gods

househusband

Lucifer

drlex
    Free Member

Preacher?

(Lucifer is fun, but I couldn’t get past the lead being Miranda’s BF, and it got pretty same-y pretty quickly)

ac282

Mr Robot
    The man in the high castle
    The Americans (not an amazon production but I don’t think its on anywhere else in the uk)

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Another vote for Vikings here.

ji
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/7WIxnbKcHWM[/video]

Bosch is a cut above crime thriller. The books are good too.

sidders34
    Free Member

Beaten to it – Bosch, an excellent detective drama. Does justice to the books.

BenjiM

Definitely “Into the Badlands”

windyg
    Free Member

Black Sails
    Man in the high Castle
    Sneaky Pete

freddiest

Animal kingdom has a dodgy start but improves.

Kryton57

We’re watching Vikings at the moment

+1

Floki is a brilliant character.

spud-face

Definitely “Into the Badlands”

I’ve just finished hate-watching the second series. So insultingly bad that I couldn’t stop. It’s like they just cherry picked films popular for various demographics and hammered them all together, then filled it with over-actors, under-actors and Nick Frost as the unfunny comic relief. It seems to have good reviews though, so quite possibly it’s just me being a curmudgeon.

Mr Robot is ace, Sneaky Pete was watchable without being amazing, man in the high castle and preacher both dragged a bit but were good. The Original and new versions of The Tick are on there too, and well worth a look.

T1000
    Free Member

+1 for The Americans, it’s on ITV’s subscription service as well

richmars

Halt and Catch Fire.

Agree with the comments above. It’s not a totally 100% accurate story about technology in the 80’s and 90’s, but worth watching. It’s more a story of a group of workers/friends, getting older together.

colournoise

American Gods +1
    Preacher +1

Dolcered

Goliath with Billy Bob.

jammiedodger
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, plenty to get on with. Numb the boredom a bit.

funkmasterp

I’d second Goliath, Preacher, Black Sails, American Gods, Bosch and Vikings. I’d also add The Last Man on Earth.

MartynS

Vikings.
    Starts slow but really really gets going. It’s absolutly brilliant (there’s a lot to watch though!)
    Outlander is the other one that we’ve really enjoyed, just so well made.
    Man in the high castle was another we really got into, waiting for season 3 of that.

deadkenny
    Free Member

takisawa2 – Member
    Don’t know if it’s on Prime but that Stranger Things in Netflix is quite watchable.

Exclusive to Netflix. Like Star Trek: Discovery. In the UK that is.

Some of the others mentioned above are exclusive to Prime. To get the most you need to subscribe to both.

peajay

Start Up

molgrips
    Free Member

Preacher is good, but Man in the High Castle is probably the best thing I’ve ever watched. Still buzzing about it nearly a year after I watched it.

jimjam
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member

We’re watching Vikings at the moment

+1

Floki is a brilliant character. [/quote]

Almost singlehandedly ruined the whole thing for me. Terrible overacting, irritating character. Then Ragnar’s American son arrived and I had to tap out.

zippykona

What’s all the time travelling in high castle all about? Would someone that is being watched in her flat really be able to wander off and meet up with the resistance? That programme could have been so good. Should have focussed on the son being ill and the developing Cold War.
    The book was even worse.

willard

In no particular order:

Preacher
    The Tick
    American Gods
    The Patriot
    Mr. Robot

and…

The recent release of old JCVD films

footflaps

What’s all the time travelling in high castle all about?

Alternate realities. It’s the premise of the book….

molgrips
    Free Member

Would someone that is being watched in her flat really be able to wander off and meet up with the resistance?

They let her do things to gain further intelligence and leverage. Standard operating procedure surely?

And easy on the spoliers…

DrP

Preacher – really good
    Mr Robot -season 1 was ok. Season 2 was terrible.
    Casual – really good and funny
    The tick – enjoyable.

Anyone else finding the film selection on prime is going to pot?

DrP

Kryton57

Terrible overacting, irritating character.

You should read some history about the Norse god Loki, it’ll make more sense.

Paul-B

+1 for Halt & Catch Fire

Didn’t think I’d enjoy it but got really into it…nearly finished watching season 4 so will need to find something else to get in to soon

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Amazon prime – what to watch?’ is closed to new replies.