• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by stox.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Amazon prime / smart TV help
  • stox
    Free Member

Need help … my dad purchased Amazon prime last week. All works fine on his iPad but can’t get it to work on his Samsung smart TV.
    The Amazon video App automatically uploaded to the Tv but when you select it you just get the amazon video logo and nothing else … it should go to a log in screen I believe?

I uninstalled the app and installed it again but still no change.

Any ideas for a simpleton?

frogstomp

How old is the TV? Some older ones (mine included!) can install the app but then don’t seem to work. Also, check that the TV firmware is up to date (usually through Settings).

I ended up getting a Roku streaming stick (£18.99 @ Tesco at the moment)

deadkenny
    Free Member

It can take a while. If you ever get to the log in and manage to log in then it generally starts okay each time though sometimes doesn’t.

Turning TV off and on again may help. Also, if you haven’t tried it, update the TV firmware. May or may not help.

However the Amazon app on Smart TV is a bit rubbish. Most other apps inc Netflix & Plex are fine, but Amazon seem to have crippled the Smart TV app. Actually the Red Bull app is garbage on Smart TV also.

Main problem I have though with the Amazon app is audio drop out on 5.1, which is a known issue for years and never fixed.

Their app on Fire TV stick/box is of course perfectly fine, but then they want you to buy it 😉

stox
    Free Member

TV is about 4 year old so I guess it’s getting on in Tv world ..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Amazon prime / smart TV help’ is closed to new replies.