Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Amazon Prime – glitchy movies, perfect TV shows
  • garage-dweller

As title really.

We are on a month of free Amazon Prime trial.

We’ve just watched an hour of Man In The High Castle in perfect smooth viewing and we regularly use I-Player in normal and HD flavours without any bother. Same with You Tube all fine.

I have now tried to watch half a dozen different movies on Prime and every sodding one of them is glitchy.

The screen repeatedly flickers (many times a minute) and there is a cm thick line of mismatched colour at the bottom (think mildly chewed video cassette if you are old enough).

We are getting 70MBPS download at the router that is 3m from the TV in the same room.

What the chuff is the chuffing problem here?

The TV is a Panasonic c. 3 years old.

Thank you AV geniuses 🙂

hammerite
    Free Member

No idea. Probably not an Amazon fault though. We’ve been viewing programmes and films fine for the last year. Not saying there is never a glitch, but when there is it’s either turning the tv on/off or the router sorts it. That said quite often Jnr is trying to run all sorts through the same connection.

How are you connecting to Amazon Prime TV?

rob
    Free Member

Get the same watching top gear everything else is fine

deadkenny
    Free Member

Amazon app on Smart TV?

If so, that’s the problem. Well know for being buggy or just generally crap. I get audio drop outs on using DD5.1, but not if I change my TV to just plain 2 channel surround. Amazon forums are full of reports on this and they’ve never fixed it. Usual advice is to give up and get Amazon Fire stick.

It’s not the TV, as I have Plex app on it and that’s playing films and movies with no problem, 720 and 1080p in DD5.1 and DTS audio. I’d also made sure I had a higher spec processor in the Smart TV.

Thing that bugs me with Amazon also is old films can often be awful rips. Some looked like they were ripped off VHS!

Film selection on Prime is poor. TV is okay but it’s mainly exclusive and American centric content (except Grand Tour, which I realised was shit after a few episodes, but then Top Gear’s been shit for the last 10 years).

garage-dweller

Thanks all. Yes it is a smart TV with an Amazon app.

A couple of the other comments make me think we might just can it at the end of the trial or try Netflix or another option.

Might give it a whirl on the Xbox or laptop first but it’s not looking good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Prime – glitchy movies, perfect TV shows’ is closed to new replies.