Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Amazon Prime-A word of warning.
  • speaker2animals

It's my own fault but still be warned.

I signed up for the free month of Amazon Prime in Dec to get a CD present delivered in time for a birthday. I totally forgot that they are charging £49 for 12 months of this service. If you don't cancel before the charge you get a hit. I totally forgot and saw my bank balance reduced to £12 yesterday (living on Jobseekers at the moment). Luckily you can cancel the service and get a full refund if you've had nothing delivered since the charge was taken. So the money will come back, but until it does I'm living on £12!

Drac

Wahey! That's £49 back in my bank.

Thanks for the heads up.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Mrs SB did the same thing (stating she didn't realise there was a charge for it 😉 ) – luckily she got the full refund or I wouldn't have been too happy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    woody2000

Stupid people in not reading T&Cs shocker! 😉 😀

speaker2animals

I must admit I don't remember there being a "membership" charge. But then How many of us do read the small (or no so small print) on these offers.

You'd have to buy a LOT of stuff to justify pre-spending £49 on P&P. Maybe they should rethink. A tenner and a couple of quid for each next day delivery perhaps/

speaker2animals

I did admit that Woody. Shame we aren't all perfect and that I felt the need to help out stupid people like me.

Ta

woody2000

It's not really small print, and I wasn't being entirely serious 🙂

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/subs/primeclub/signup/main.html

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

i did the same and got me cash back a few weeks ago

crazy-legs

Thanks for the reminder – I turned on free Amazon Prime just before Christmas to guarantee getting a couple of last minute presents – just turned off my auto upgrade! 🙂

yamyamblade
    Free Member

cheers for that another one who forgot!!

MrNutt
    Free Member

what's this? the transformers have a new leader and he's to be found in the rainforests for £49.00?

Drac

Yup mine was on the free offer from the summer and then I forgot disable it. Still it's like a bank for silly people a nice cash reward for being stupid and not checking bank statements.

Del

i remember when amazon just despatched things quickly they had in stock at a good price post free. time was when their performance was very similar to crc – ie order by about 2pm and there was a good chance it would turn up next morning. guess they're well enough known and used now that they don't have to work so hard to compete.

Drac

So do I Del in fact every time I've ordered from them they've been spot on.

mogrim

They've never been post-free in Spain, but I've always found their service to be excellent.

The only complaint I have about them is how easy they are to use, especially when drunk 🙂

Drac

Well they came up trumps again, ordered a book on Thursday evening and it arrived this am.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

One touch buying is a pain in the behind – I didn't realise I had set it up & ended up buying something using the wrong card for payment.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Prime-A word of warning.’ is closed to new replies.