Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • amazon prime – £59 tonight, is it worth having?
  • jools182
    Free Member

Slightly tempted as I do order stuff from amazon, although not a lot, and I do want to watch Grand Tour

Convince me/put me off

scotroutes

Living in the Scottish Highlands, where delivery costs are often higher or, in some cases, you can’t get delivery at all, it works for us.

Netflix seems to have a better selection of TV/movies if that’s your thing.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

pre prime membership i maybe did 5 amazon orders a year, since prime I’ve done 161 in the last 12 months, “free” next day delivery is win

hammerite
    Free Member

It’s very good. Decent TV series available (Vikings, Black Sails, Man in the High Castle, Parks and Recreation and many more). You get Amazon music. Plus free next day delivery, which has bailed me out on a number of occasions as I struggle to get to shops in normal opening hours. If you’re not in a hurry for delivery you can choose that and get a £1 credit to spend on non prime TV/film/music.

gee
    Free Member

Some of the TV is excellent – GT, Man in the High Castle, Lucifer…

Amazon music is excellent too – you can download playlists etc so as not to cane your data when out and about.

Next day delivery is superb. In Surrey and most of London they do same day delivery on loads of things which saves lots of annoying trips into town for some silly little thing.

Cletus

Great value for money (in my opinion).

TheBrick
    Free Member

If you buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, or the postage puts you off then yes. For the streaming service. No.

paul123
    Free Member

Is the standard music service you get with prime as good as spotify premium.

Drac

I bought it just for TGT.

Streaming service seems to have improved since I last tried the free offer.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Worth it for Amazon Video streaming alone, if you have not already got another similar service, before you even take advantage of Prime next day delivery for many products.

johnners
    Free Member

Is the standard music service you get with prime as good as spotify premium

It’s nowhere near as comprehensive, to get a comparable service Amazon want another £7.99 a month. Prime’s worth it for me for the odd bit of streaming and the “free” delivery. If you do have Prime it tends to drive a lot more of your online spend towards Amazon though, which I think is their business model. “Come for TGT, stay for the shopping” kind of thing.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i got a 30 day free trial then went and bought a 34quid fire tv stick from currys pretty much just so i could watch grand tour last night (and very happy that i did, what a great show, what amazing idiots the bbc are) and have to say i am impressed with amazon tv so far. its quite poss i will keep on the 7.00 rolling tarrif.

and then there is also all the kodi modification stuff that i stumbled upon on ebay the other day, apparently easy to do but i havnt really got my head round it yet to decide if for me its worth doing.

zippykona

Have seen some quite recent films for free but surprised that you would have to pay for Dumb And Dumber.

footflaps

but surprised that you would have to pay for Dumb And Dumber.

I’m surprised anyone would pay for that! 😉

peasant
    Free Member

Next day delivery sucks 🙁 signed up for prime @ £59 all good ,ordered fire stick on Thursday and still waiting ,it is showing out for delivery since yesterday ,I can see the amazon depot from my house ffs

tomtomthepipersson

If your stuff doesn’t arrive on the day it’s supposed to – complain to Amazon, they’ll give you an extra 30 days of Prime for free. I’ve had an extra 6 months so far.

granny_ring

LOL @ those last 2 posts 🙂

peasant
    Free Member

extra 30 days of Prime for free. I’ve had an extra 6 months so far.

I don,t want free delivery I want TGT 🙂

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I don,t want free delivery I want TGT

Get a Firestick and work out how to get it from there and save yourself £24.00.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘amazon prime – £59 tonight, is it worth having?’ is closed to new replies.