Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Amazon Prime
  • BlobOnAStick

Well, that’s me well and truly stung.

I somehow managed to agree to a free trial of Amazon Prime for the one Amazon delivery I had before Christmas.

I’m now £49 down and an unwitting member of some kind of ‘free’ delivery scheme scam which if I wish to use ties me to a single website.

**feels hard done by** bah.

jota180
    Free Member

It’s easy to do because the free delivery option (3-5 days) is at the top of the list on the first page you have the option, next time the Prime option is at the top

highclimber
    Free Member

I cancelled mine as soon as I signed up but after I had used it on an item. I couldn’t see me benefiting from it in the free period and I knew I would forget to cancel it.

Try emailing them explaining your frustration.

nsaints
    Free Member

The misses fell for similar, contacted customer service straight away and got her money back

jsync

I was allowed to cancel after the initial period expired and I got a full refund.

real_ben10
    Free Member

To be fair they do give you instructions on how to cancel the trial immediately after you sign up for it

daj
    Free Member

got me too!!

Jamie
    Free Member

To be fair they do give you instructions on how to cancel the trial immediately after you sign up for it

Indeed. You can turn off auto-renew, in the Prime settings in your account, the nanosecond after signing up for it.

z1ppy

Buggers tried to get me, I’d cancelled after signing up for the trial, on with customers services te girl mentions she’s renewed my Prime membership… Didn’t clock on, till they sent me a emailing saying I had no valid card associated with the account. Cancelled it flatly, easy to do.

paulwf

I signed up for it in December and used the instructions after signing up to immediately cancel the autorenew – so I got a month of next day deliveries.

Burts
    Free Member

I forgot to cancel mine until 2 days after the intial month trial. Unfortunately my wife had got there forst and already ordered something – they kept a few pounds to cover that delivery, but the remainder of the year was refunded.

mikey74
    Free Member

I don’t see why it is a “scam”: As soon as you sign up they tell you how to cancel it.

To be honest I completely forgot about it as well but I order enough stuff from Amazon over the course of the year to justify it, and the postage is pretty damn quick, so I’m not concerned.

Take responsibility for your own actions, rather than blaming someone else.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Unfortunately it’s no ones fault, but your own

Done it myself with magazines with their three issues for a pound and then forgot to cancel

njee20
    Free Member

I used it for a year. Free first class delivery for 4 addresses. Seemed pretty reasonable!

drlex
    Free Member

If you have a Kindle, Prime membership gives you access to their Lending Library.
    Alas, no video streaming yet (as the Americans enjoy).

footflaps

P&P is free with Amazon anyway, so Prime doesn’t save you any money?

Jamie
    Free Member

P&P is free with Amazon anyway, so Prime doesn’t save you any money?

Economy delivery is free. Prime is free next day delivery, so saves you the usual cost that would incur, as well as being quicker.

Something very perverse and un-eco, about having a £1.60 roll of parcel tape delivered next day via courier.

mikey74
    Free Member

Something very perverse and un-eco, about having a £1.60 roll of parcel tape delivered next day via courier.

There’s something perverse about ordering a roll of parcel tape off the internet.

nickdavies

Just cancel it, as long as you haven’t used it since paying for it they’ll be fine & refund you. Just done this myself (not ME though 😉 )

Jamie
    Free Member

There’s something perverse about ordering a roll of parcel tape off the internet.

Couldn’t be bothered going to the shops.

honeybadgerx

Amazon Prime

I actually thought this post was going to be a spoof reference to Transformers 4.

Disappointed.

stanfree
    Free Member

I seem to have signed up for It but cant find the option to cancel It . Any step by step instructions on how to cancel. ?

Actually just checked and I have a notice saying my free month ends 26th jan 2013 and gives me an option to sign up for annual membership . Obviously I’m not going to do It , will I still be charged. ?

bearnecessities

I get that. My tipple is driving with window/sunroof ajar and all available heating facilities on to compensate.

BlobOnAStick

I realise it’s my own fault, didn’t read the not-very-small-print and didn’t necessarily understand that I was signing up to this. It comes from buying something whilst trying to (make it look like I’m) listening to the other half.

martinhutch

I rang them up and moaned on a bit when this happened to me – they refunded me.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Prime’ is closed to new replies.