Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Amazon marketplace, new seller, should i be worried?
  • lunge

Searching Amazon for some new trainers, know exactly what I want and find a seller who has them at a frankly ridiculous price. They’re dispatching them from the USA and are a very new seller.

Now I know the golden rule of “if it’s too good to be true, then it probably is”, but in my head if it’s through Amazon then I should be fine.

What do we reckon then, buy or ignore…

nealglover
    Free Member

If the price is too low, are they fakes ?

Depends what are looking at, but it sounds likely.

lunge

Asics running shoes if it makes any difference, not a mega expensive or particularly popular model so not something you’d think to fake.

nealglover
    Free Member

Probably not faked then, I was thinking of rare Ltd editions etc.

cp

Now I know the golden rule of “if it’s too good to be true, then it probably is”

That’s all you need to know! It’s Amazon marketplace, it’s a free for all.

It’s likely they’ll cancel your sale saying there was a pricing error and they’ll contact you direct to do a deal outside of Amazon.

lunge

It’s likely they’ll cancel your sale saying there was a pricing error and they’ll contact you direct to do a deal outside of Amazon.

If they do that then fine, I ignore/block/delete and never correspond again, if I do everything through the Amazon app then in my head I’m protected. Worst case, I lose the £13 they’re asking for the shoes.

lunge

Cheeky bump before I click “buy”.

Jamie
    Free Member

What trainers are they?

zilog6128

£13 for a pair of trainers, delivered, from the USA? If you have to ask… 🙂

skids
    Free Member

link it

dannybgoode

Bear in mind Amazon’s own pricing algorithms look at market place pieces so it’s not uncommon for people to put up a load of non-existent stuff at silly prices in the hope that Amazon’s systems suddenly discount kosher stock.

It’s why every so often you’ll find a genuine steal direct from them.

Jamie
    Free Member

link it

OP worries we’ll all be biting his style.

Dave-j
    Free Member

its a scam, they list items for really low prices, to lure people, they mark the item as dispatched, Amazon release the money, they keep your money and never send the goods, you complain and get your money back but Amazon never address the problem, google Amazon scams with new sellers with no feedback. I have just gone through the proccess.

Jase
    Free Member

Just cos on Amazon doesn’t mean legit, I bought Gillette razor blades once and they were clearly fake as shaving with them was horrendous

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah. It’s a case of buyer beware when it comes to Amazon Marketplace.

vinnyeh

Yeah. It’s a case of buyer beware when it comes to Amazon Marketplace.

And Amazon itself, occasionally- I have an Apple laptop charger bought from Amazon directly that is certainly a fake.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is that Fulfilled by Amazon? As that is basically still marketplace. The seller just pays Amazon to handle the logistics for their stock.

Would be very surprised if something like an Apple charger sold directly from Amazon was fake.

nealglover
    Free Member

And Amazon itself, occasionally- I have an Apple laptop charger bought from Amazon directly that is certainly a fake.

Almost no chance at all you bought it directly from
    Amazon if it’s fake.
    It will have been from a third party I’m sure.

vinnyeh

Almost no chance at all you bought it directly from
    Amazon if it’s fake.
    It will have been from a third party I’m sure.

Unfortunately not.

read the reviews.

Took them a long time to delist it, as well.

nealglover
    Free Member

Crikey. I stand sit corrected.

Naughty Amazon 😯

Steelsreal

Amazon have a big issue with fake stores. It is all down to how they use ASINs products. So if you list an item it is given an ASIN, anyone listing the same or similar canthen use that ASIN.

So take a genuine seller who sells Gas Monkey Garage T shirts. They set up a shop and crate 20 ASINS. They then set their price and sell away.

I can then open a marketplace shop and using a ASIN scrpaer get all theri ASINs in an Excel spreadsheet. THen in my shop i upload that and set my prices at less than half with a dispatch tome of two weeks.

People will buy these and I then mark as dispatched. At that point Amazon pay me.

Buyer waits two weeks, never receives anything and then complains, by which time the money is gone via several accounts/ paypals and i created a shop with fake details anyway.

Amazon then refund you.

However, the damage is done the genuine seller is lumped in with the dodgy one as they share the ASIN and loses business because of this.

Some or all may be an actual experience i am facing now but amazingly Amazon do not seem to care…

luke
    Free Member

I refuse to buy anything from Amazon that is not dispatched by Amazon themselves as I’ve had issues with counterfeit goods bought from the marketplace and Amazon didn’t give a hoot

Northwind

Yup, amazon’s marketplace protection is shockingly bad, they just couldn’t care less. I bought a part that was supposed to be compatible with something else, it didn’t fit by about 50%, they refused to refund- amazon’s response was basically “what’s the difference” and then “but it was cheap”. I got there in the end but you’d think you were dealing with the actual fraudulent seller. Oh and the shop carried on trading.

Steelsreal

amazon stance is that they own the market, what a seller sells is nothing to do with them.

And do not forget that many shops have no stock at all and are just spoofing other shops stock..

lunge

Decided to resist the bargain…then logged back in 2 hours later and the shop is gone. I lucky escape I think.

Jamie
    Free Member

So what were the trainers?

lunge

Asics Cumulus, genuinely nothing interesting, bog standard running shoes.

Jamie
    Free Member

Only asking, as someone might have seen a deal somewhere.

stevextc
    Free Member

I refuse to buy anything from Amazon that is not dispatched by Amazon themselves as I’ve had issues with counterfeit goods bought from the marketplace and Amazon didn’t give a hoot

Makes no difference.
    In many ways Amazon has become worse than eBay for fake goods… (certainly fake sold as genuine)

Northwind

Steelsreal – Member

amazon stance is that they own the market, what a seller sells is nothing to do with them.

Well, their stance before you purchase is:

“We want you to buy with confidence anytime you make a purchase on the Amazon.co.uk website or use Amazon Pay; that’s why we guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.co.uk website or when you use Amazon Pay for qualified purchases on third-party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.”

It’s just that afterwards, none of that’s true, at least not unless you fight

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Amazon marketplace, new seller, should i be worried?’ is closed to new replies.