Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Amazon Logistics – what a shower of sh…
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Please tell me they’re not some bloke and his wife randomly driving around the countryside not delivering stuff!

Waiting for a Kindle for an xmas present that should have been delivered yesterday (Prime) but never arrived. Had an email saying they’d tried to deliver and would try again today.
    I’ve been in today and guess what…. nothing, plus another email saying that they’d tried to deliver but failed. Now when I click on the tracking button I get “A second attempt was made to deliver your parcel. It will be held for seven days awaiting further instructions. Please contact the carrier for the next steps”
    But there is no carrier. Grrrrr.
    Had some bloke here last week complaining that we didn’t have a house number and he’d been to 4 other places trying to find us. He also had another 6 deliveries that day none of which had house numbers. We live on a farm in the middle of the countryside.

wwaswas

Just invent a number, stick it on the gate and use it in all future orders?

My Farm
    5 Farm Road
    Felpersham
    Ambridge

jambalaya
    Free Member

Depends totally who is delivering it, it is never Amazon BTW. No carrier almost certainly means it is some small outfit / Christmas sub contractor

Worst experience was with DPD – they said they had delivered the item, the driver recorded it as such. Fact is he delivered it to some random (really random) address about a mile away. Very kindly the other people brought it round to the house. Not in time for my daughters birthday you understand but we did actually get it eventually.

Finally that was the advantage of the local Postman, he knew where your house was as he used to deliver to the address most days

Drac

Our huge box of goodies arrived last week, I was out so the delivery guy stashed them. On delivering another parcel a few days later he asked if i got them.

Of course it’s down the courier this guy does work for Hermes.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Still waiting for some Amazon stuff that should have been here last Wednesday. Also a wiggle delivery that should have been here last Wednesday too which for reasons no one can give a satisfactory explanation for. It’s ‘a local event’ apparently. Wiggle are trying to sort it but dpd don’t appear to be remotely bothered.

leffeboy

Just had a similar thing when I had paid for fast delivery. Looks like they have got the costs down to the point where it no longer really works :(. Hope they fix it soon. As a general rule I avoid amazon now unless I have to but occasionally I need to. Reasons are getting less and less as one reason used to be fast delivery

project
    Free Member

Top tip, on Amazon click next day delivery, then when you get to final page , un tick it and tick standard delivery, for some rason their computer cant say no and stuff is delivered next day or a day latter free.

Works most of the time

hofnar
    Free Member

Make your house number one. I am now the self appointed mayor and proud barer of house number one in a french Hamlet part of a French town also without numbers.

After receiving a post card we send you this post card to the above adress as to tell you the above adress to which we just sent a post card too. Which obviously by mail promptly arrivess.

The vendor used some small dodgy outlet(UPS) which obviously explains it.

Cougar

Can’t imagine why there might be postal delays in the middle of December. There’s nothing else going on, is there?

Drac

Works most of the time

Like it does anyway.

postierich
    Free Member

Opening up the delivery parcel market lets anybody drive around in a car packed to the rafters with parcels obscuring vision probably not insured, and most of the time its deliver first time anytime any relevant address they don’t get paid unless they deliver it. I find parcels all over the shop usually soaked on door steps.I have to take pics just to cover myself as the punters think its RM door stepping

daveh
    Free Member

Concerned about the above, I opted for Collect+ for this years Amazon Christmas delivery. Cost a bit extra but cut out the need to be in and random couriers trying to find a ‘no number’ address. If they can’t find a petrol station at the junction of two A roads all is lost!

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

I find parcels all over the shop usually soaked on door steps.I have to take pics just to cover myself as the punters think its RM door stepping

Sort of like the RM delivered packet of electronics left under a “bit of wood” (yacht rudder) in the garden, in spite of my having paid extra for a signed for delivery because I didn’t want expensive electronics left in the garden in the rain?

scandal42
    Free Member

My latest Amazon order was left outside the front door

hjghg5
    Free Member

I have been impressed with amazon lately. Ordered something yesterday afternoon, supersaver delivery, and it was on my desk by lunchtime today. My boss pays for prime and her orders often take longer than mine for some reason.

toppers3933
    Free Member

We once ordered a load of dry dog food online which was basically left in the street outside our house. Despite a signature being required. We live in a terrace house with no front garden or anywhere to leave it so it was lying accross the pavement we I got home.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Well surprise surprise I’ve just had another email from them saying that they’ve tried and failed to deliver the package …. again. This is despite me providing a phone number, ‘safe place’ instructions and being in the office all day which looks straight out at the driveway.
    😡

Mackem

My local courier never attempted to deliver the stuff. Just a text saying that they tried but I was out and I had to collect from their office. Another company does the deliveries now.. Dunno if they lost all of the amazon business. (a couple of friends round here made exactly the same complaint), but they deserved to.

DezB
    Free Member

Move to a city. Problem solved 🙂

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

stop bitching be proactive and phone them !

0843 506 9293

sharkbait
    Free Member

stop bitching be proactive and phone them !

Spoke to them yesterday and it made no difference. Spoken to them again today but all they’re doing is asking the ‘carrier’ to deliver again – seeing as they’ve not turned up for three days I’m not holding my breath.
    So given I’ve been as proactive as I can be I’ll bitch all I like.

hels
    Free Member

I have had a number of bits and pieces delivered recently – it doesn’t matter which courier company, it is always the same guy. He must be the only sub-contractor locally !

jairaj

I’ve found Amazon pretty good. I’ve ordered loads of stuff from them using the Prime service and only had issues once, were I’ve been in all day yet mysteriously when they tried to deliver I wasn’t there. The person on the phone was great but I guess they don’t control the delivery person.

As another option have you got an Amazon locker nearby? You can get them to deliver it to the locker and you can go get it your self. Not an ideal situation but if they keep failing to find your address at least this way you have a chance of actually receiving what you ordered.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve had other Amazon deliveries on time but never anything from the shower of shi Amazon Logistics. Seems pretty crappy that I’m paying for a better service and yet I’m getting a much worse one.

Oh well if it’s not here on Monday I’ll order another and either do collect+ or pay for it to be delivered by someone who can actually find their arse.

atlaz
    Free Member

Worst experience was with DPD – they said they had delivered the item, the driver recorded it as such. Fact is he delivered it to some random (really random) address about a mile away. Very kindly the other people brought it round to the house. Not in time for my daughters birthday you understand but we did actually get it eventually.

I did deliveries twice when I lived in the UK when they delivered to me instead of someone whose street, house number and name were nothing like mine.

trail_rat
    Free Member

dpd always sends me a photo of the parcel on my door step.

not an issue given where i live.

how ever hermes left a parcel on the door step yesterday with a card through the door…. mrs T-R didnt get home till going on 10…. no parcel.

Cougar

Could be worse. Could be Yodel.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I get stuff from amazon all the time but had a similar experience with Amazon logistics. It just happened to be the one REALLY important delivery I needed for work and had it on next day. kept getting the unable to deliver, made about ten phone calls and eventually got it three days later. Was very unhappy! 👿

sharkbait
    Free Member

And so it continues….. the SoS managed to deliver my first package (although not in an amazon box, so battered and covered in stickers) on the fifth try – but now they’ve apparently been here 4 times trying to deliver another package.
    Going to push for a Prime refund now as they’re not providing what it says on the tin.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Logistics – what a shower of sh…’ is closed to new replies.