Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Amazon is the service good for things like LCD TVs? better than Dixons etc?
  • seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a new lCD TV for the bedroom. Amazon and dixons have the same one at the same price. Both with free delivery. Never bought nothing from Amazon other than books. Not used Dixons for ages too. I suppose it comes down to customer service if it goes on the blink. Not buying from either place on such items I'm not sure which to opt for.

momo

With dixons, can you take it back into the store if anything goes wrong, if so I'd buy from them just for that piece of mind.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

"With dixons, can you take it back into the store if anything goes wrong, if so I'd buy from them just for that piece of mind."

Momo where are these stores you talk about??

Seth – Can you buy the same TV from John Lewis? If you can try and get them to price match. I got £350 off JL retail price as I got them to price match to a local online retailer. With JL you get 5 year warranty.

deft
    Free Member

John Lewis are useless, because I live in Wales (just!) I'd have to wait 2 weeks for a telly to be delivered. No problem with Amazon, thankfully they don't trust those godawful Home Delivery Network shites with expensive stuff

ziggy
    Free Member

Yeah go to JL, I went to Dixons/Comet to buy a telly and they don't stock them! Well not the one I wanted, went to JL and they price matched with a smile and got a 5 year warranty as well. TBH I would have bought it even if they didn't price match as the assistant was very helpful in JL and it's worth it for the warranty alone. Dixons wanted something like £200 for the extended warranty.

Drac

Costco also do 5 year warranties if you have one near by.

Dixons were excellent when I bought my TV.

With dixons, can you take it back into the store if anything goes wrong,

Only if you also bought a time machine.

fontmoss
    Free Member

With JL you get 5 year warranty

be warned, my folks telly gave up the ghost and took them up on the warranty-JL couldnt fix it and decided to give them cash, they valued the tv at £100 because it was 4 years old. had cost several hundred quid in the first instance

munchiepumps
    Free Member

Use Dixons/Comet/Currys shops to decide what size and make of TV then buy it over the net from DiscountTvs.

Just got a great deal on a LG 37" 100Hz LCD from the above company, next day delivery.

samuri
    Free Member

I'd always try and buy something of that size from a shop myself. Bloody difficult to try and post back to amazon, even if they are ace with stuff like that.

Plus you know who's windows to throw a brick through if you ever want to.

cbike
    Free Member

John Lewis!!! If you dont like the colour or the smell you can take it back and swap it. and they are as cheap as online now.

I bought a telly online once and had to activate little sister lawyer when I wanted my money back after a year of cock ups. Was a discount TV type outlet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Amazon is the service good for things like LCD TVs? better than Dixons etc?’ is closed to new replies.