Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Amazon Fire for Kids
  • aracer
    Free Member

Anybody else using this? I think I’m all set to dump it as it’s all just too frustrating, and let them just have a normal account.

Latest one is that I find location based services are blocked on child accounts – sure it’s a good security feature, but I want to be able to choose – there’s an app which needs location I think they’d like which on the main account I’ve enabled location just for that app

Yet another crippled feature to add to the list – the standard music player doesn’t work, so you have to use a 3rd party app, I can’t add books I’ve uploaded to the child account, it blocks perfectly decent child friendly websites (CBBC FFS!) and I can’t transfer apps I’ve downloaded on Google Playstore. It’s a shame as there are some nice features – is there anything else available similar but better (ie where the adult account actually gets to control things properly rather than being totally locked down)?

warton
    Free Member

Yeah, I find them poor tbh, when the kids get older i may just give them normal accounts. storage on them is pitiful too. very glitchy as well

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Fire for Kids’ is closed to new replies.