• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by xora.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Amazon delivery liability
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I got home this evening to find a book I’d ordered left on the doorstep, in full view of the street: Would Amazon be liable if someone walked off with it before I got home?

OK, it’s not of great value, but still around £14. Plus, it’s not the first time they’ve done it, and with higher value products as well.

Most deliveries are either left around the back, or with a neighbour, but not Amazon, oh no 🙄

5thElefant
    Free Member

Would Amazon be liable if someone walked off with it before I got home?

Yes.

mikey74
    Free Member

Good to know :mrgreen:

MSP

Had the postman signed it as the consignee? I have had quite a lot like that and wondered what would happen if it went missing, would basically come down to my word against theirs (backed by fraudulent evidence). I should really report it every time it happens.

mikey74
    Free Member

No signage by anyone. I got an email from Amazon to say it had been delivered, but anything could have happened to it after that.

steveoath
    Free Member

What have you set your preferences as. I believe you can tell them not to deliver if no one is in.

Cougar

Your contract is with the sender. The courier’s contract is also with the sender. So, yes.

I’ll bet dollars to donuts they’ve sent it via Yodel.

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve left a comment on the order feedback. It won’t have any effect but it can’t hurt.

Drac

Have you got a neighbour who you could accuse of stealing it from you?

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m not sure what you’re getting at but I have quite a few neighbours, some of whom are happy to take in parcels when I’m not there. No one who I’d want to falsely accuse. There’s no one I know well enough to pull a scam with, not that I would.

hammyuk
    Free Member

If it was Amazon themselves then it’s their own couriers.

jam-bo

I guess they expect and budget for a certain % of lost & failed deliveries. Probably cheaper than a using a fully tracked & signed for service.

xora

Amazon Logistics, masters of dump and run 😀

But friends of mine have said Amazon always replaces if you complain. I guess its cheaper to do a few replacements than repeated deliveries.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Amazon delivery liability’ is closed to new replies.