Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Amazon Cloud Player
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I like the idea of uploading all music and then streaming it from any device anywhere but come on Amazon, when are you going to enable it here?

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

thought it was google doing this?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Amazon have beaten them to it. You can get your 5gb of space right now (log in with your amazon username at amazon.com) and you can upload music but when if you click on a track to play it you get an message about being outside the US. I’m sure it will come in time but i hate waiting!
    According to the news Googles plans have stalled while Apple is still going to be doing something similar – although no doubt they will have a load of stupid rules and will try and make you pay a sh1t load for the honour of using an Apple service.
    Amazons service is looking like the best prospect so far.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ourkidsam
    Free Member

Is there an app for it?

sharkbait
    Free Member

There is for Android (but the US resrtiction still applies) with [hopefully] a iOS version to some. Macs and PCs use the Amazon Cloud Player via a browser as its flash based.

ourmaninthenorth

Cloud surely must be the way for this stuff.

Not sure the cause of the delay, although there are continuing questions of intellectual property rights for cloud held/sourced content.

uplink
    Free Member

just trying it now as I have a US proxy account

sharkbait
    Free Member

there are continuing questions of intellectual property rights for cloud held/sourced conten

apparantly it is ‘technically’ a breach of copyright in the UK to copy a track from cd to MP3 and put it on a drive – I think this is the delay with the Amazon service here. Hopefully they’ll get it sorted.

just trying it now as I have a US proxy account

There’s a youtube vid of a guy in the UK accessing cloud player using a proxy but some others couldn’t get on, depends on the proxy I think.
    Would be interesting to know how you get on.

uplink
    Free Member

Working flawlessly

Paid for [cheap] VPN service though

http://www.purevpn.com/

sharkbait
    Free Member

nice one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Cloud Player’ is closed to new replies.