Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Amazingstoke riders – trail destruction and I'm angry!
  • cinnamon_girl

Specifically the bridleway leading from Cliddesden School to Farleigh Wallop church 😯

I've always enjoyed riding this bridleway, in either direction, with or without gears, but rode it today and was really upset. Some trees have come down, fair enough, but one particular bit resembles a spur for the M3. Plenty of room for the Tesco juggernauts!

Does anyone know why this has been done? They obviously haven't finished either. A lovely bridleway ruined 👿

I will fire off a missive to HCC Rights of Way Dept and it would be really good if others could do the same.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Any farming access going on? They've been logging up in Grovely Wood at the moment so lots of access routes are churned to ****. You'd have been much more angry if you'd seen the byway I've been on today. Now closed to 4wd because it's going the same way as the Ox Drove, which is frankly impassable by foot, wheel or hoof. So much standing water that my feet were blocks of ice by the end of the ride, and gears froze (v-brakes only just working).

cinnamon_girl

Hi Rich. Nope, It is beside a field which has better access.

Grovely's FC isn't it? Or part of it is? Have they not logged for a while there? A couple of months back I rode the Ox Drove from south of Bishopstone to Win Green. It was fine, certainly better than I expected.

Sounds as though you were on the cross-bike!

RichPenny
    Free Member

I wouldn't call it a cross bike 🙂 It's still a roadie, just with clever tyres. Wasn't brave enough to leave the SPDs on, but surprised to see how much grip I got. Pic will be up in the first of the year thread 😉

Grovely is owned by the Wilton Estate, think it's managed by them too. Might have another look at the Ox Drove, maybe they've filled it in then.

cinnamon_girl

Just a wee bump for this in the hope that Basingstoke riders may have some local knowledge.

Don't want this happening to any more Hampshire trails!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Amazingstoke riders – trail destruction and I'm angry!’ is closed to new replies.