Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Amazing customer service from Hope
  • cossyrush
    Free Member

Was changing the end caps on my 2nd hand pro 2 evo rear wheel last week, so as the cassette was off I thought I should check the freehub pawls and springs.
    After cleaning everything up I noticed the freehub body was cracked.

So I called hope to see if they would replace under warranty, sent the everything and got back a brand new freehub body, new springs and pawls and new bearings. AMAZING, no hassle, no negotiation, all for the cost of postage back to Hope.

I really like the versatility of the pro 2 evo’s, I can swap them between bikes with different forks 20mm, 15mm easily.
    And I like them even more now.
    Will definitely by Hope hubs again.

nealglover
    Free Member

Someone will be along shortly to inform you that it shouldn’t have broken in the first place.

cossyrush
    Free Member

I agree it probably shouldn’t have broken, and I’ve no idea how it did.
    But the wheels were 2nd hand, and I didn’t have a receipt, I can think of many companies that would have said “sorry mate we can’t help you” and that would have been the end of the conversation.

bigblackshed

I must have had the grumpy git this morning. When I asked for the part number for a non-current hub spare part, he just humpfed and told me to go to my nearest dealer. The point was to get the part direct to cut down the time involved. Looks like 2 weeks before I see the spare part now.

Normally they’re excellent. Today, not good.

nealglover
    Free Member

I agree it probably shouldn’t have broken, and I’ve no idea how it did.
    But the wheels were 2nd hand, and I didn’t have a receipt, I can think of many companies that would have said “sorry mate we can’t help you” and that would have been the end of the conversation.

I agree entirely.

(I wasn’t the person telling you it shouldn’t have broken, I was just predicting that they would be along shortly as they always are on threads like this 😉 )

bren2709

Hope customer services have always been superb and very helpful whenever I’ve been intouch with tech questions.

aracer
    Free Member

Shouldn’t have broken in the first place.

HTH

trevron73
    Free Member

Northern Grit = good service , things wear and things break ,good to see ongoing customer service .

smell_it
    Free Member

I love the steady stream of how great hope customer service is threads. Bit similar to the how good are 2pure at sorting crank bros issues threads.

loddrik
    Free Member

Part replaced under warranty shocker!!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Part replaced under warranty shocker!!!!

Part replaced on second hand kit with no proof of purchase. Never used the hope warranty as I have not needed to. It all still works. Like my cb pedals maybe I’m just lucky or maybe there are a bunch shouting loudly that are the minority.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

If Hope dug their heels in and managed replacements the same way a lot of companies do then their reputation would be even shitter than it is….

They make things out of cheese. And to prevent this killing their business they replace everything.

I hate using anything they make. Brakes are a strict no as are seat clamps and headsets. I’m even going off hubs after a few recent failures.

Personal experience tells me if you buy Hope you’ll soon be using this excellent customer care – and that’s not a business model I’m comfortable with.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They make things out of cheese. And to prevent this killing their business they replace everything.
    I hate using anything they make. Brakes are a strict no as are seat clamps and headsets. I’m even going off hubs after a few recent failures.

Your milage does vary…
    Hubs no issues in 10 years brakes the same vlamps still running smooth another headset for a new bike coming soon bb’s make htii work properly.
    A principle of making stuff that can be rebuilt and selling spares. Unlike some others who seem to think that when a part fails you should bin it.

timdavies

I recently sent back a hope vision 4 light with a couple of batteries. It was 4 years old and had just stopped working (light wouldn’t cycle out of limp home / charger had died) no proof of purchase requested, clearly well out of warranty, arguably at end of life and failed from old age

They replaced the guts of the charger and sent it back working without charge.

Hope are brilliant! (And they’re hubs make noises which still make me tingle after all these years)

nealglover
    Free Member

Told you so 😀

justinbieber

I snapped the axle on my pro 2 rear (running a maxle). Phoned up to buy a replacement and they just sent it out FOC.

Parts will break all the time, regardless of the manufacturer. For a company to have such good customer service in this day and age is a rare and lovely thing. Long live Hope

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for excellent service and good products.

Got some very old XC and Bulb hubs, friends still runs the even older splined/5bolt ones!

Pro2’s ahve been great, original rear split and was replaced and the wheel rebuilt in a week! New ‘evo’ has been faultless through the winter on the SS (so possibly the worst place for a hub, mud, high torque, hardtail, and I’m not the lightest!).

Brakes, I’ve had a few problems, old C2’s sprung a leak, they were 2nd hand and about 8 years old, hope charged me £20 to rebuild them!

lost the pad retaining pin out of some mono mini’s, hope sent a jiffy bag of them out FOC.

Just rebuilt my well used mini-X2, good as new again. And it only took a few minutes to bleed (admittedly I’ve got a vacuum bleeder which makes life so much simpler), no propitiatory threaded nozzles, no funneled fittings to lose, no need for 3 arms and lightning reactions to get plugs back in before the fluid pisses out, no need for instructions, they just bleed like normal hydraulic brakes. Why do other manufacturers insist on re-inventing the wheel?

Compare that with Shimano, “i’m sory your brakes leak, but the only way to fix them is to bin them and buy these new ones”.

If I could justify the cost I’d get everything from Hope!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Amazing customer service from Hope’ is closed to new replies.