Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Amazing after sales service from Orange
  • chestrockwell

sorry for being a cynic, but offering stuff half price and free just shows the appalling amount of markup that is behind these items. a £1200 orange frame can be sold for £600, and they must still make money….

Maybe they are happy to lose a bit in the hope the buyer will be happy and buy another at full price in the future? Either way I’m sure the mark up on an Orange is no more then any other bike and I guess they have to make money?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Great service.

My Santa Cruz has never broken though 😆

PJM1974
    Free Member

If the OP is chuffed to bits (and rightly so IMHO) with the result then that’s all that matters. Orange didn’t have to go the extra mile, but they seem to with aplomb.

BTW, even Spesh have a very limited (2 years IRC) warranty on swingarms and linkages, from the OP’s post I assume that the crack was on the swingarm, not the main frame? Either way, it’s a fantastic result all round.

I hope the OP enjoys riding their new bike 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

If the OP is chuffed to bits (and rightly so IMHO) with the result then that’s all that matters. Orange didn’t have to go the extra mile, but they seem to with aplomb.

^that.

And as ever, we are quick to critisise and complain…nice to have a balance.

orangeman5
    Free Member

misterfrostie…i had the same great service from Ben and Orange, not quite as good as you regarding the rear end upgrade, back riding around Glentress within a week,top drawer service.Nuff said !!! 😆

ScottChegg
    Free Member

My Santa Cruz has never broken

Mine did. And the aftersales service I got was rubbish.

stevepitch
    Free Member

That’s wicked service and very impressive and to the glorious post about “specialized would have replaced it for free” they actually only give a 2 year warranty on the swing arms and linkages but have a lifetime warranty on the main frame.

bedfo
    Free Member

I bought a 2008 ST4 frame on a discount from Rutlands for £800, it broke after 4 months. When it went back for warranty replacement I asked Rutlands to find out if I could upgrade to a Five. I was expecting to have to pay the extra for the upgrade. But no, Orange sorted me out with a 2010 five frame for nothing and it turned up in a week. They were going to send me a 2011 frame but it would have had to wait for paint, they had the 2010 knocking about and offered me the choice…

Brilliant service!

willfaz
    Free Member

Maybe they are happy to lose a bit in the hope the buyer will be happy and buy another at full price in the future? Either way I’m sure the mark up on an Orange is no more then any other bike and I guess they have to make money?

Not to be rude but if you know anything about sales, you would not have said this. Companies do not give away stuff and make a loss on a whim, in the hope that the customer “might come back in 5 years time”. There will have been profit made there, which almost makes the OP a little gullible.

Intended lifetime, perhaps? Then they offer up the amazing deals, make a fair amount on that I bet.

swright
    Free Member

To anyone who has a cry about the mark up on these bikes! It really is **** all! Your lbs tends to make a 30% mark up on all products some lower and some higher! So mark up is really very small compaired to everything else in the world today electronics, food, clothing! Specialized would of given you a free bike, debatable. You would also need to ride a special needs compaired to an amazing orange 5 go ride one, Orange are a top uk brand like hope. Nice deal on the bike mate.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Amazing after sales service from Orange’ is closed to new replies.