Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Amateur Photographer Inverness
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Okay pretty random query but was wondering if there were any amateur photographers on here based out of or near by to inverness who would be prepared to do our wedding shots. We’re paying someone special to do some very special ‘mountain bike wedding outfit wrecking’ pics after the wedding so we dont want to be forking out twice for the less important pics for us but at the same time we’d like people other than parents to be able to see what happened on the day itself. We know people down this way that dabble and would be prepared to do it but not drive all the way up to Invernss to do them. Planning quite far ahead as the wedding isnt until June 9th 2015 but figured I’d ask if there were any volunteers that may want to who i could contact closer to and they could consult their diaries. Cheers!

poly
    Free Member

I’ve no idea how expensive he is but Dougie Cunningham’s work is pretty special. (He’d do your action shots too). I could be talking completely out of turn here – but given his affinity for taking pictures up hills he might be quite willing to travel North without the usual charge? http://www.leadinglines.net/

deejayen
    Free Member

I assisted a friend with a couple of weddings in the Inverness area a few years back. I think you’d need to know what any prospective photographer is capable of. Admittedly, a lot of pro photographers can take some staid and dated shots, but they’ll generally have the experience to get something usable under all conditions. It’s not just taking the shots – controlling a crowd is a big part of being a wedding photographer, and there’s a good chance an amateur will find themselves out of their depth.

bruneep

I’m available, some from my portfolio

gimme a shout to arrange dates etc..

user-removed
    Free Member

Not unexpected but genuinely disappointing. Honestly thought requests like this had been shamed out of existence.

😡

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Anybody want to get married? I want to hire bruneep to photogrpah my wedding. And do the catering as well

Trekster

Could try the Scottish Photography Community Facebook page 💡

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Are you offering any recompense at all?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve a colleague who until recently did photography jobs in his spare time – weddings, family portraits and so on. He’s just moved to Inverness. He doesn’t advertise any longer, but I could let him know about this thread if you like?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Oh, that reminds me. Any apprentice builders wanna come and build me a dorma window for my flat? There won’t be any money I’m afraid as I spend it all on sharp clothes and partying, but it’ll be good experience for your portfolios or whatever…

poly
    Free Member

Oh I’ve just reread the request – forget my suggestion Dougie won’t do it for free (or even nearly free) I thought you were looking for a recommendation for someone really good rather than really cheap!

GolfChick
    Free Member

We already have someone extremely good that we’re paying doing the action shots and for a wedding ceremony of probably about 10 people on the side of a loch, controlling a group doesn’t really bother us.

Thegreatape- be good if you could, yes please.

Threefish – we’d obviously offer some recompense yeah, we aren’t talking free (in fact I never said free, we offered to pay some of the people we knew here to get there but it involved them taking time off work) but with such a small unique wedding with alternative shots already sorted we’re not prepared to probably double our budget to pay a professional photographer. At the end of the day it’ll be the action shots that get put onto canvass etc and displayed for years.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s a good job the action shots from my wedding day aren’t on display.

roper
    Free Member

Maybe a local sculptor for a Jeff Koons and Cicciolina style wedding?

(this is the clean one)

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’d recommend buying a dozen or so disposable film cameras and giving them to guests – either those who you know have an ‘eye’ or just take some random chances. Perhaps work out which parts of the ceremony/day you’d like particular documentation of, and make a specific request on each camera. Remind the ‘photographers’ to have fun with their task

To be honest, anyone who isn’t a relatively close friend/associate and has invested time and money in learning to use a camera, and who would give you photographs rather than ‘snaps’ is likely to be a little offended that you don’t put enough value on their skills/craft to be prepared to pay them for at least their time (and on-the-day expenses).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Amateur Photographer Inverness’ is closed to new replies.