Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Am I unlucky…
  • konaboy2275
    Free Member

Just laying in bed then and herd a bang outside, dived out of bed, it was a neighbour closing their wheely bin lid. Got to thinking how many times I’ve been robbed etc so here goes:

My fist proper mountain bike, a Spesh Rockhopper stolen.
    My first 3 GT Karakoram’s stolen.
    My kona Muni-mula stolen.
    My car broken into twice and the stereo nicked.
    My vans broken into 3 times and 3 chainsaws stolen.
    My stihl pole chainsaw stolen from behind me whilst i was cutting a tree up.
    My house sneek ‘burgled’ for the car keys – both cars stolen (got one back intact).
    My motorbike stolen.
    Garage attempted to be broken into bending the up and over door.
    Attacked on my way home with my ex by 3 lads – she was punched to the ground.
    Attacked on our way home with the lads by a group armed with pool cues.

These aren’t all from the same house or even town. So is it me or is this an average sort of level of theft I’ve had to put up with? I think the police have turned up to 2 of these incidents…

epicyclo

Why live so close to so much scum?

alexxx
    Free Member

move to cumbria

Blakey
    Free Member

how many mirrors have you broken ?

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Definately thinking of moving but not sure where to! Most of the thefts of bikes and assaults happened in Morecambe, the rest in Manchester… Maybe a hilltop in the Highlands would be best! Got kids now too so don’t want them growing up around here.

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Can’t blame it on mirrors although I’ve walked under a few ladders in my time….

skiboy
    Free Member

man you seriously need to move, no such thing as luck just circumstance,cause and effect etc,

saying that i do believe in Karma, maybe you were adolf hitler in a previous life ? 😉

i was back at work last night from 8-10 as we were broken into again, thats the second break in this week and the third this yr, nothing to do with luck, more to do with the fact the gypsies have a site down the road from us and are a bunch of thieving bar stewards!!!, also the industrial estate is in one of the worst areas in milton keynes 😥

footflaps

Sounds horrendous, you need to move somewhere else!

intode_void
    Free Member

It’s not all about where you are; there’s a huge element of how-you-are…ie how you are presenting yourself, your house, your property etc. With your house and property it’s about making it too much of a hassle for the scumbags to bother you so that they move on to the house down the road; with yourself it’s more about what the Military call Atmospherics (and the Police call Situational Awareness), it’s the ability to appraise what’s going on around you and act before a problem arises. I’ve worked and travelled in areas most people would never dream of travelling in and although I can’t say it’s been totally uneventful I’ve never had a problem that resulted in injury to myself or loss of property and at 5’9″ and 85kg I’m certainly not a physical deterent (although it may help that I’ve boxed and done martial arts for years and therefore I may give off some subconscious body language to deter would be assailants).
    Luck may well play a part, and I hate to tempt Fate by saying this, but I strongly believe you can influence how “Luck” effects you.

allthepies
    Free Member

Thread closed.

footflaps

I would have guessed Salford..

uplink
    Free Member

Don’t believe in luck, don’t believe in karma etc.

Was it Gary Player when asked how come he was so lucky replied, “I don’t know, but the harder I try, the luckier I get” ?

stop making yourself ‘unlucky’

molgrips
    Free Member

Move.

Growing up we had a total of 0 incidents in a small country town.

footflaps

Sounds pretty typical for the area, had friends who lived up there and they likened it to living in a war zone. They would be in the house as youths tried to smash their way in and the kids would only go when the Police arrived then return when the Police had gone. The kids normally stole whatever it was they were after and the Police seemed totally unable to control the situation.

monksie
    Free Member

That’d be Manchester alright. The tens of thousands of residents of the city and its suburbs who get through life with barely a trip on the pavement are just victims waiting to happen.
    Unlike all the other areas of this country where similar victims were just unlucky – it could have happened to anyone.
    Unless you live in Manchester of course. Then it’s inevitable.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Not surprised with Morecambe, nice view but scratch beneath the surface and there’s serious social problems.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Am I unlucky…’ is closed to new replies.