Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Am I suffering some kind of mild post-traumatic stress disorder?
  • jimwah
    Free Member

Good post MR ^^ Maybe creating a short story of your adventure would be cathartic – does sound pretty gruelling and dark.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Thnks jimwah. Though I think I’ll wait until mirthful times and re-evaluate before putting pen to paper 🙁

ampthill

OP

I’d say that trip sounds quite extreme. That is not a very big boat in demanding waters

I think it was like learning to mountain bike by going on the back of a tandem down a downhill course

No idea about PTSD

If you really feel it has got to you. Then there are ways to deal with things. Talking is great so posting was a good plan.

I find mindfulness helpful for putting things in context.I think mindfulness would say. You had a crap time and it made you feel bad. Don’t fight, just go with the feeling. Trying to solve the problem of feeling bad makes things worse.

The breath mediation is good for clearing the mind as well

my hunch is you’ll be fine. But if you want to find out more try this book. I only read some of it but I thought it was great

link

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Am I suffering some kind of mild post-traumatic stress disorder?’ is closed to new replies.