Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Am I still a mountain biker…
  • neilthewheel

…now I don’t have any mountain bikes any more?
    If N.E riders would be so kind to look out for a white Orange Evo2, a Boardman FS Pro 27.5 with SLX brakes and a blue Santa Cruz Juliana with a very tall steerer and Mary bars, all taken from our garage in DH7 last night, I’d be most grateful.
    Nice birthday present, eh?

kayak23

🙁

piemonster

**** 😥

Sorry bud

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Bastards

stevedoc
    Free Member

Fingers need to be broken … gutted for you matey

andyl
    Free Member

bastards + 1

DezB
    Free Member

Crap.

Have you responded to the homepage survey?

gonzy
    Free Member

Fingers need to be broken

more than just the fingers IMHO

horrible news OP.

ahsat

🙁

I am in DH2. We’ll keep my eyes open.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

FS!!! another one 😡

one of our lads is missing a fatbike and a cotic soul as well

neilthewheel

It’s nice to be able to report we got 2 of the bikes back! No sign of the Orange though. Still, good work by Consett CID!

timraven

Glad to hear you got some back. Hopefully when you take out the scally’s kneecaps they’ll tell you where the Orange is 😈

duntstick
    Free Member

Good luck with the Evo

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’m in DH7 too and will keep my eyes open. Hope you get some more back.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Just seen the theft reported in The Village Voice, didn’t realise you were so close. Have you had any more joy with the search?

neilthewheel

Ha ha! Don’t know where they got their facts from – did you note the reported theft of the Caad10? That’s what i told the police when I was standing in the garage looking at the empty spaces where my bikes used to be. It was half an hour before I remembered the Caad was indoors, on the turbo trainer! No sign yet of the Orange. I think once it had got moved on it was never goung to show up. Claim time.
    We must have met some time, it’s not a big village.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I did see there was the Cannondale on there that wasn’t on your list, assumed you’d missed it off your post, at least you weren’t left without a bike at all! I didn’t actually twig until I saw the Juliana at the end of the list as there’s not many of those about.

Yeah, seems to be the way, if you don’t get them back very quickly they’re never seen again. Hopefully the insurance people play ball, what are you planning to replace them with?

We bought in the village nearly two years ago, but I was working in Manchester until June last year so haven’t really beent here long. Renovating the house has pretty much taken over so I haven’t been out on the bike much since I moved up, but hopefully that’ll change soon.

Would be intersted in picking your brains about local trails, I occasionally ride in Foxcover Woods and I’ve done a loop with Beamish Oddsox over South Stanley way, but I really want an off-road route to Pontop Pike as an out and back to Chopwell.

neilthewheel

you’d better make the most of Foxcover wood, it looks like it’s about to be severely rearranged. Re. Pontop pike and chopwell, you can use the Consett-sunderland cycle path to get you close to pontop pike, there’s a bridleway to the top then singletrack down to Dipton. From there you can follow various footpaths into Dipton woods, all the way to the old byway that leads out to the road. Cross over, follow the path under the viaduct to Linzford Mill and cross the road to pick up a footpath directly into Chopwell woods.
    OddSox are great people to ride with – what they don’t know about the riding in the area isn’t worth knowing.
    Not sure about the replacement yet – might wait a while to see what catches my eye. I have the Boardman for now so there’s no rush…

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I know, I’ve been concerned since the ‘road’ into the woods was upgraded. The wood was for sale a couple of years ago, so it’s not surprising that someone wants to take some trees out, but hopefully it won’t get too trashed.

My hockey training clashes with the Oddsox rides, but hopefully I’ll be able to get out with them a bit more soon. I’ve got three big jobs to finish in the house, then I’m having a break and riding some bikes.

I want to sneak up through Greenwell Park to get to Dipton, need to walk the footpaths in that area to see what will fly….

neilthewheel

Above mentioned scrote, one Sean Patrick Nelson, given a conditional discharge and ordered to pay £500 in compensation.

andyrm
    Free Member

He needs a good shoeing not a conditional discharge.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Getting bikes stolen is a regular event for me, probably happens every 6 months on average, I’m used to it

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

!
    and
    !

grannyjone
    Free Member

That’s the price you pay for living in Hag Fold I guess. I am looking to move out BTW although not solely due to the thieving.

The thieves will do anything around here. For my last bike I bought the thickest chain possible, concreted into the ground, and a Gold rated Sold Secure Lock round the chain and the bike, I thought they’ll never get through this. Yet it still got nicked – they chiselled through the concrete and got the chain out! Never thought of that one.

My home insurance company must be getting frustrated by now. Home insurance is invaluable at Hag Fold.

simmy
    Free Member

grannyjone, is hag fold still that bad ?

I live in Hindley and thought things were looking better around there. Having said that, I regular see some guy travelling to work in Leigh on a Lappierre Full suss and the guy looks like a right scrote.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Hag Fold is probably not as bad as it used to be but its still pretty bad. I’m actually planning on moving to Hindley, though that’s mainly to shorten my commute and get a better house more than anything else.

chakaping
    Free Member

Above mentioned scrote, one Sean Patrick Nelson, given a conditional discharge and ordered to pay £500 in compensation.

Did you catch any of the reasons for the tea leaf getting away with it?

So frustrating as it indicates police had a strong enough case against him but judge or magistrate just decided it wasn’t a big deal.

chakaping
    Free Member

I regular see some guy travelling to work in Leigh on a Lappierre Full suss and the guy looks like a right scrote.

Might be the poor guy who recently had his Lapierre nicked, apparently he used it to get to work down that way. Silver I think. Was on Rivi FB page.

righog
    Free Member

OP… 🙁 But glad you got some back

PaulRockcliffe… If you can not get out with the Oddsox on Wed night, Try us for size Chopwell Tumblers….Check out Facebook for detials, we ride on Thursday nights. We are bit like a disorganised rabble version of the Oddsox.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Am I still a mountain biker…’ is closed to new replies.