Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Am I shallow?
  • flashinthepan
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered one of these:

And my bike, in a rather fetching stealth and orange scheme, looks like this:

Am I shallow?

(BTW 1, I’ve no idea what the ‘fairy, space-dust stuff’ around the right grip is. It wasn’t visible to human eyes, just iPhones. I assume they’re Apple nano-drones out to get all my money and data.)

(BTW 2, I did actually want a GPS unit, I’m not that shallow)

(BTW 3, It’ll never read 42.8 km/h when I have it and 372 kCal must refer to the post ride bacon & cake recommendation)

(BTW 4, beer (craft, made by an elfin virgin) was consumed prior to this post and purchase. This post may be required as evidence when Mr Amazon turns up on Saturday)

BigDummy
    Free Member

You are shallow, and you also have horrible taste. HTH 😛

theotherjonv

No, you are not. I have a plain black and white Garmin.

But I do have a red silicone bumper case for when it’s on my red bike. And a blue one for when it’s on my blue. Either work when it’s on my black one. And neither when it’s on my orange one, so I need a black case unless I can find an orange one somewhere.

Anyone got a black 510 case they don’t need?

maccruiskeen

Orange is the New Black, So you bike is in fact completely monochrome.

ads678

I approve of the colour scheme/shallowness.

newrobdob
    Free Member

If you were shallow and cared what people thought you wouldn’t have bought that gopping bike in the first place. So you can relax. 😆 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Garmin Etrex 20 as your spare GPS?

Davesport

Arghh! Non matching door handles 😆 (In the best and most fiercely protected traditions of STW)

matt_outandabout

What’s your riding outfit look like?

stumpy01

Looks good to me.

I am keen to move away from Garmin if I ever replace my Edge 500, so I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on the Bryton alternative.

pictonroad

Shallow? With an orange On one?

*shudders*

roverpig

Looks good to me, but you’ve barely started. Hubs, rotors, brake levers, seat clamp. So much more orange to play with 🙂

66deg
    Free Member

Go on I dare you.

slowoldman

Arghh! Non matching door handles

I bet he changed one after repeated attempts to leave the room ended up with him in the pantry.

nealglover
    Free Member

Radiator needs bleeding.

mm93
    Free Member

Great colour co ordination.Review of the Bryton please when you get it.How much did you get it for?

cokie

You went to all the effort of finding an orange Whyte stem to match, yet no orange highlights on the saddle! You must try harder.

SaxonRider

I don’t know why we should be embarrassed to admit to liking colour coordination, but I do, and I am. :mrgreen: 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

If you were shallow you’d not be riding an On One 🙂

martinhutch

Did anyone else think he was just bragging about doing 42kmh on a fatbike?

flashinthepan
    Free Member

@ martinhutch, think you may need to read again

@ cokle, ah but you’re wrong! Saddle in embroidered ‘Charge’ with orange thread

Sandwich

Regarding the calories, that’s only a diet snack not a full-fat English.

epicyclo

OP is an amateur, this is shallow 🙂

Saturday Sleuthing:And who wouldn't want a boat to match the car!Vid Cred: Boat Lifestyle

Posted by Styromax Fibreglass Composite Panels on Friday, March 3, 2017

(Sorry couldn’t make the pic appear)

zippykona

Can you post more pictures of your bike. Have just bought a Trail frame as a spare for my Fatty if it cracks.
    Will be running rigid forks and want to see what it looks like.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

zippykona – Member

Can you post more pictures of your bike. Have just bought a Trail frame as a spare for my Fatty if it cracks.
    Will be running rigid forks and want to see what it looks like.

zippykona,
    I’ll get some pics up tomorrow. You may recognise the tyres – as I picked them up from you!

email in profile if you need it

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Surprising amount of ‘love’ for my black/grey and orange scheme.

Since 2 peeps have requested, I’ll put up some sort of review / info of the Bryton in due course.

matt outandabout – you really (really!) don’t want to see my riding outfit. Although I do recommend the Adidas Terrex MTB shoes I bought recently (unfortunately not available in orange/black). Mine are bright blue which does work as a complimentary colour to orange, see here:

I tried hard to avoid the usual STW pitfalls of photography; the non-matching handles escaped my quality control. I assure you the radiator is fully bled.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Am I shallow?’ is closed to new replies.