Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Am I out of order?
  • rj
    Free Member

Drove up to Fort William on Friday night for the world cup, camped at the Glen Nevis on the Friday night and crashed out around 1am. Around 3, a mate of the guy we were camping with nicked one of the camp’s fire extinguishers and set it off in my mate’s tent. The next morning we were chucked off the site because the night porter had seen someone nick the extinguisher and take it to my mate’s tent. My wife (who hates mountain biking) had made a special effort on my behalf and come up with me. We had to leave a day early, her weekend was ruined and we spent a fortune for 1 day away. I’ve just phoned the guy who I don’t know well, but is a really good friend of a friend and torn a strip off of him (for insulting my wife amongst everything else). This clearly puts my mate in a bit of an awkward position which I regret, but should I have kept schtum? I’m feeling a wee bit torn.

Smee
    Free Member

I would have torn him a new arsehole. You showed restraint.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The bloke was a prat and he ruined your weekend. End of

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crikey
    Free Member

3am?
    Fire extinguishers?
    Insulting your wife?

Is he 10 years old?

I’m with Smee, he deserves a serious kicking.

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

no, if he was a prick why should you not tell him, he did after all ruin your weekend, your mate should be embarrassed for bringing him

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I agree – he was a prat – when calm have a word with your mate to make sure that you don’t wreck that friendship.

He ruined your weekend – you need to let him know in no uncertain terms

spikerman_1
    Free Member

you did the right thing, protect your wife. your mate if he is a mate will make things right if he is a good man

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

+1 on smee’s comment

thegreatape
    Free Member

He needs to know that he was out of order, and now he does. You weren’t I don’t think.

takisawa2

Hell no. If you’d have smacked the tawt & posted on here I’d say most would applaud you for it. Sounds like a right **** knob.

I dare say some Liberals will be along later & suggest you’re overlooking this guys emotional needs.

druidh
    Free Member

I don’t see what you have to feel bad about. I’d have expected your mate to already have had words with him and to have apologised to you for bringing him along.

crikey
    Free Member

Been in a couple of similar situations on various racing trips; the thing these muppets don’t understand is that WE MIGHT LIKE TO COME BACK HERE NEXT YEAR, AND NOT BE REMEMBERED AS THE T***S WHO SET OFF THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER/BROKE THE WINDOW/STOLE THE TOWELS…..

…and we wonder why so many places refuse to entertain all male groups…

dyna-ti

Next time you go ,ask your mate not to invite anyone he thinks isnt mature enough.
    Not really your mates fault for the childish behaviour of his mates,but i imagine he was rather embarrassed and has no doubt already learned a lesson on who to invite camping and who to not.
    Buy the Missus some flowers and get your mate to pay for them,or suggest a weekend away alone with her ,without any bikes[unless she’s a keen cyclist]or even if she is.

Talking about going around attacking people is hardly mature either 🙄

samuri
    Free Member

you’re right in order I reckon and as above have showed remarkable restraint. If someone did all that and then insulted my wife I believe I’d have decked him.

Trampus
    Free Member

My wife(rip) would have decked him for herself! 😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

[wink, wink]He was trying to point your attention towards the bigger picture, the real issue in life, things that really matter to humanity. By telling him off you’ve hurt his feelings and you should be ashamed of yourself. The person that you so awfully treated might become depressed and require professional help from a soul-and-body-cleansing mental guru. You evil! [/wink, wink]

stratobiker
    Free Member

You gutless coward! you phoned him after the event!

Yes you are well out of order.

You should have stripped the fecker naked and paraded him around the campsite before lashing him to something so everyone could stone him/whip him/roger him as they saw fit!
    🙂

RoterStern
    Free Member

Serves you right for going camping with Rob Warner. 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

Yeah, lower yourself to his level and get a criminal record.

Choose better company.

Your friend is probably a drop-kick too.

rj
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. I was beginning to get a bit paranoid and think that I should have left it alone, but if I’d reduced someone’s wife to tears I would be expecting some sort of comeback.

phinbob

Unless you and others point this stuff out to him then he’s going to go on doing it.

In the long run you have done him a favour.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Why didnt you point out that you were there with your family and didnt even know the person. Being kicked off the site for ‘association’ seems harsh. It is a very nice campsite and i dont blame the owners though.

In future maybe make your own arrangements and then you dont get dragged into other peoples infantile antics.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Am I out of order?’ is closed to new replies.