Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Am I not fit enough? (Unicycle content..)
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Been out unicycling quite a bit recently.

I've got quite a basic beginners unicycle. Big curvy saddle seat thing, 20" wheel with a semi slick 1.75 tyre on.

And I feel absolutely knackered after a few hundred meters. I think it might be because I'm putting too much weight on the pedals, and not enough on the seat? When I try to put more weight on the seat it feels better, but I lose balance easier that way.

I'm also getting mad saddle rub on my inner thighs, its killing me lol. Any way of getting rid of that?

Wiredchops
    Free Member

Too tense,
    As you get more used to it you'll learn to use the pedals just to alter the direction and speed of the unicycle rather than support your whole body weight. You're on the right track, you've just got to get used to having your weight on the saddle, when you get it sorted it's a fantastic feeling. It's not the same but can be equated to people I've known who get awful hand-ache when first mountain biking. Just got to relax the grip!

(same goes for the thigh rubbage, although you could try lubing them up 🙂 )

RealMan
    Free Member

Cheers, wondered if it was. I only really made my break through yesterday, where I started going decent distances. Rode it to college today, and almost died.

Lubed thighs? Sounds good.

Is there any technique for riding down kerbs and such? I've managed to ride a few, but not reliably, so I'm thinking the few I've managed might've just been luck. And bunny hopping, do you just jump while holding on to the saddle?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Am I not fit enough? (Unicycle content..)’ is closed to new replies.