Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Am I mental – chucking job in and going full sandal and beard content
  • edlong
    Free Member

Running out of money is the #1 killer for businesses (this sounds obvious but trust me its not).

+1 for this – it’s surprising how many well educated, commercially astute people get blinkered by profit and neglect cashflow – it doesn’t matter how big the profit number is at the bottom of your accounts, if you have bills to pay in order to keep trading, but you haven’t got the cash in the bank to pay them, you’re sunk.

Trekster

I presume you’ve done some homework?
    http://www.lakedistrictcamping.co.uk/campsite_insideout_yurts_seatoller.php

Just home from a stay here;
    http://www.skelwith.com/hideaways/
    Speaking to members of staff these are a favourite with Londoners, spoke to one couple from Nothampton. They are so populat Slelwith are looking to site more.

I sense something in the air at the moment – corporates are going to have to sort themselves out and offer interesting jobs, at decent pay, with decent line managers, or there’ll be no-one left willing to work for them. I believe the Millenials are pushing hard for this too, it’s not just us middle-aged and established cohort…

Working for a “world wide” manufacturer I think the opposite may be the case ie companies are trying(needing?)to drive down the wage bill to remain competitive in certain industries. This is certainly the case at my work and there are always plenty of volunteers waiting to jump on the ladder regardless of the new lower pay and conditions attached.
    MrsT works for a Scottish Gov dept and it is the same there.
    MissT is a teacher and has been the victim of new contract issues.
    JnrT is being payed much less than other engineers even though he is more experienced, pulls them out of the mire on a regular basis simply because he doesn’t have a degree in the subject. He did serve an apprenticeship, left, got a degree in civil eng, left that to return to first job on the promise of better T&Cs which due to reorganisation/redundancies has still to be implemented…….

The mantra seems to be work more for less!!

I’m lucky I get my works pension next year and I’m off. Going to do a peterpoddy and retrain as a Cyctec mech in the hope of getting some part time work, or maybe a bus driver 🙄

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Am I mental – chucking job in and going full sandal and beard content’ is closed to new replies.