Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Am I mad :-) Superlight to Chameleon
  • Cynergy
    Free Member

. . . going from a SC Superlight (about 8 years old) and in the process of building up a Chameleon

I do like the Light but being quite a heafty lad 🙂 14st I never really got on with the flex in the rear. No lockout on the front has never helped either so i’m looking forward to some rigid fun 🙂

Daffy

You’re gonna love it, but it’s gonna hurt! really really hurt. You may not notice it at first (I didn’t) but eventually it’ll get to you.

Coasting
    Free Member

Youll neverlook back.Ive just built up a Chameleon and think its just the dogs.A lot more forgiving that i anticipated and oh so much fun,like being a little kid again.I had a Superlite at one stage and thought it very overrated.You will really like the increase in peddling efficiency as i always found the SC so wobbly in the back end.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gonetothehills
    Free Member

I (sort of) went the other way – from a Stiffee to an ’08 Superlight and it’s been fantastic. I’m not 14 stone, but I run forks with a lockout on the front and it makes a difference on the ups, the downs are almost as much fun as they were on the Stiffee but where I notice it the most is in keeping up with other full sussers on the flat, rutted tracks in the Peak. I just used to get so bashed about on the Stiffee.

charliedontsurf

I used a chameleon as my only MTB for many years, fantastic handling, very harsh rear end, if doing XC stuff get a carbon or sus post. But teh handling makes it all worthwhile.

Once familiar with hardtail life, make use of the horizontal dropouts and ditch the gears.

colnagokid

2000-1006 had 4 full sus bikes
    2006-now chamelion
    BIG tyres needed, BIG forks- was getting lazy riding full sus, dont feel any slower, dont feel any more beat up.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Charles my good chap I see you are still on a mission to enlighten the masses as to the joys of singleness……..

Cynergy
    Free Member

a sus seat post is already on my shopping list

vadar
    Free Member

Be prepared to get a real sore ass..Climbs like nothing youve ever ridden though . If ur an oldie like me use the superlight.

Cynergy
    Free Member

Too late, it’s in bits 🙂

nickc

more padded saddle, carbon post, big fat tyres, job’s a good ‘un. Did an all dayer in the Peaks last weekend, all good. A picture? But of course

Cynergy
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking that a carbon seat post gives more flex and is an alternative to a suspension post ?

jimmy

you’re mad you

Cynergy
    Free Member

That’s a no then 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Am I mad :-) Superlight to Chameleon’ is closed to new replies.