• This topic has 88 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by nonk.
Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Am I just being anal* (king not lined up content)
  • bencooper
    Free Member

Licence plate says “BERK”. Brilliant 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bike shop should have lined up the logos – not difficult and shows pride in work – and yes I’d be a tad dissatisfied. State of your bike is irrelevant.

Indeed.
    As a cyclist I’m about 50% rider and 50% mechanic and I seriously would never ever let a bike leave my workshop with a headset fitted like that. It takes maybe 10-20 seconds extra to line it up. If a jobs worth doing, it’s worth doing properly. 🙂

Jerome
    Free Member

Mate had the same issue on a £3k gios he bought – he grumbled.
    Another guy bought a similar bike,and i pointed out the rear road brake hole was drilled off centre. Always something to spot when you spend big money..

klumpy
    Free Member

Yeah, way it’s worse now. Originally looked like they’d simply been put on. All fine, they’re functional components that happen to have big logos. Now it looks like a failed attempt at aligning them. Which serves you right, really. 😆

fontmoss
    Free Member

Bencooper, actually it says 6erk 😉

On a sidenote if you get a private plate* make sure it actually says something rather than vaguely resembles your dog’s name when squint at the 3 etc

*that is not a private plate but as pp points out:

If a jobs worth doing, it’s worth doing properly.

I apply this to everything not just my headset.

To all those that think it’s worse, I agree 🙁 but I wasn’t about to ask the guy to redo it. Again.

I’ll rectify it when get hold of a press. Until then the real issue is do I keep the terrible colours and pretend it’s post modernist irony?

EDIT: Rusty, no but then hardly use it, I’ve been lucky with punctures tbh. Have you had a different experience?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Jesus Christ.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No, he can’t fit headsets.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Contradiction surely… Tyre logos not lined up looks crap.

Codswallop – a bit of non conformity works wonders in life

nonk
    Free Member

can i just say i have worked in many an lbs workshop and it would have gone in with the logos down the centre.
    so no.
    but i can see that you would feel a nob moaning about it.
    to be fair though anyone can have an off day.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Am I just being anal* (king not lined up content)’ is closed to new replies.