Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Am I just being all righteous or is this terrible, terrible parking??
  • oldnpastit

They rang again earlier to tell me they have decided not to prosecute the driver in the OP. Too much paperwork. :-/

Call to local paper, especially in light of previous incident?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Photo to local paper? Ours did a run on bad parking outside schools, briefly.

theotherjonv

One in Farnham today. Some mother with kids in the car pulled in on the zig zags so she could run across the road and post a letter. meanwhile other kids, presumably from the same school are waiting to cross at the pelican. She could have parked 20 yards previous in a taxi rank (also wrong but ‘better’) but then it would have been 40 yards further to walk.

I wound down the window and asked her if she knew what the zig zags meant. Still not sure if she does, because her answer was a very child friendly ‘**** off’

Squidlord
    Free Member

“Away and trouble the undertakers you old c888”

“I’ll batter you”

“No you won’t. You’re 75.
    😆

timber

Busy hill car park, Audi and BMW parked just far enough apart to avoid doors touching. Family in an old Corsa turn up, struggling to find space the driver let’s family out, folds his mirrors in and wedged it between the offending cars and climbed out the boot. Best of all, he was against their driver doors and one of them looked like it wouldn’t have space for its mirror to unfold when unlocked.

People parking across gates really wind me up, especially when I’m only 50 feet away in the tracto, it’s hard to miss with crane and flying timber.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Today I was sitting in Tesco Haddington waiting for my wife while the sleepy market town went about it’s business.

Is Haddington really a sleepy market town?
    I grew up there living next to the A1, hated the place.

matt_outandabout

Arnold Clark Stirling – the irony of the sign…
    edit: and there is another car parked over the dropped kerb in front, blocking the exit of the junction…

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

I took this earlier this year.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/s54WT6]GH[/url] by Alpine160, on Flickr

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

[Quote]What I don’t understand is why do other drivers have to park next to me in a car park where there are plenty of empty spaces? I mean the car park is almost empty apart from my car. Worst still they don’t park properly … bloody ZMs![/quote] I deliberately find the most baddly parked car in the car park and park next to it.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

What I don’t understand is why do other drivers etc

I’ll look for cars that are sensibly parked, as next to them I’ll have less risk of being scraped. If that applies to you, and I assume it does, nice one Chewie.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

in my neck of the woods it’s the reckin fange fovers… and they are always a foot or slightly more in the next space.

I’ve given up generally speaking. I’ve come to the realisation that there is a good percentage of the population that are inconsiderate selfish morons.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=474okl1JWRw[/video]

cinnamon_girl

That’s a really disappointing response from Plod and, frankly, it’s not good enough. Go to the top, local rag too. Surely it’s in the public interest that laziness passes for policing in your part of the country.

Have to agree with singletrackmind’s post too, so true.

GrahamS

This was at my office:

Turns out the office manager decided there weren’t enough parking spaces for clients, so helpfully decided block one of the viable alternatives to driving.

Worse still they have since removed that bike shelter completely (which had enough room for 20 bikes) so they could create two new parking places.

Just. Not. Getting. It! 👿

cinnamon_girl

One in Farnham today

Wouldn’t expect anything else in Farnham!

tomd
    Free Member

Is Haddington really a sleepy market town

It is when you live in Musselburgh! It does have a bit of an odd feel about it, and I can imagine the A1 would get annoying.

kiwijohn

reinforcing stereotypes.

yes that is a pedestrian crossing.

Cougar

Worse still they have since removed that bike shelter completely (which had enough room for 20 bikes) so they could create two new parking places.

I’m absolutely amazed, seeing how popular it looks to be. Did the owners of all the bike find somewhere else to park it?

DezB
    Free Member

Too fat? Too lazy? Can’t park? Stick it in the only disabled spot…

renton
    Free Member

Had this nice bit of parking by a moray council van this morning…….

redthunder
    Free Member

Path goes around the back…

Double Yellows…. Who Cares!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/sbkGDs]Who Cares[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Am I just being all righteous or is this terrible, terrible parking??’ is closed to new replies.