Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Am I going to break my bike??
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I'm riding a spesh xc comp with upgraded shock, and I'm now wondering after 7 months if I'm giving it too much hammer! Where I ride regular there's varying terrain with some nice drop offs, good jumps and rooty singletrack. However there's also a couple of areas of very rocky descent that is very unforgiving. Bikes taking some pretty hard square edged hits at times and I'm worried I'm just gonna wreck it. If not what's the kind of things to keep an eye on?

redthunder
    Free Member

Probably!

toys19
    Free Member

You are worrying about the wrong thing.

Would you pay 1500 quid to ride the way you want to?

If so ride it till it breaks, then spend the moeny on whatever needs fixing.

People do not think twice about spending N (where N is an effing large no) on a car or their insurance, I personally do no blink when it comes to bike costs, who cares I love to ride, if it breaks, buy another.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Have to say I'm with Toys on this – I just ride what I enjoy riding until it snaps/breaks/dents, then reconsider the next purchase. Until then, enjoy it.

naokfreek
    Free Member

CK +1

Hairychested
    Free Member

CK+2 unless The Classifieds mess my head up 😉

stugus
    Free Member

sounds like sound advise!

go break stuff!!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Posted this on the other side as well, funny how you get different responses. New bike is not an option after the look i got from the wife tonight after mentioning id bent the front wheel again and lost two teeth of the chain ring.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Toys – great way of looking at it.

toys19
    Free Member

Anyway I hope your bike doesn't break.

PS: blimey people agreeing with me on stw shocker. 😮 Actually its given me a warm glow after a shit week, thanks.

jam-bo

spesh have a good warranty. keep riding til it snaps and then you'll get a shiny new one.

toys19
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

spesh have a good warranty. keep riding til it snaps and then you'll get a shiny new one.

This is a good point I was blown a way by a mates Marin somthingortother frame the other day – 2009 frame with 2003 components, "whats going on I say" his reply "Warranty replacement frame."

trout
    Free Member

Dont get a Pace then 2 years and you are stuffed ( and yes I am bitter and twisted)

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Bikes are a lot tougher than you think (crashing aside). carry on doing what you're doing, just try and learn to be smooth with it.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Trout… I know its a pain but have you e:mailed Adrain at Pace Cycles ? If you get in touch with them direct, with a firm but fair letter(or e:mail) and some digital images I am sure he would help you out in this situation. Regards Nick.

wwaswas

stumpynya12 – see separate thread on this – PAce have seen the frame and are being fairly firm on 'it's out of warranty'

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Sorry guys "doh !" I am an idiot, I just got time to read the other thread. Doesn't look like the old A Carter and Pace cycles give much of shit about customers then. Ermmm ? customers ? isn't that how you make a living then 🙂
    Cheers Nick.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Am I going to break my bike??’ is closed to new replies.