Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Am i being unreasonable? Classifieds content
  • rab5474
    Free Member

I bought a dropper post from the classified section of the forum, the post was described as being in used but good condition, a deal was done, and the post sent to me, it arrived with scratches / scores on the stanchion and the cable cut off rendering it un useable until i bought a new cable, i contacted the seller to express my displeasure, and was told i was being childish about the cable and as the post was used i should expect scratches. I explained thst i could live with the cable but would have liked to have been informed about the marks on the stanchion. I requested either a partial or full refund including return postage costs. I have been accused of being a conman and that i should live with it. I have given multiple chances to the seller to either partially or fully refund me, but have not been succesful. I have been forced to open a paypal dispute.

I did receive pictures of the post before i bought it but the scratches were not visible on the photos.

What say you good people of STW?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I did receive pictures of the post before i bought it but the scratches were not visible on the photos.

Was the seller RealMan?

singlesteed
    Free Member

Name and shame after being spoken to like that and of course for not being made aware of the cable.

user-removed
    Free Member

Sounds like he’s offloaded a POS to you. PayPal will refund but it’s annoying when folk waste your time. And yes, photos should show any damage imo.

ampthill

To me that sounds unreasonable. I think that the convention is on the net to mention things that matter. Scratches on camera lenses and stantions being good examples

But I don’t think my opinion is authorative

nickjb
    Free Member

Do the scratches impact the function like they would on a fork or is just aesthetics?

nickfry228
    Free Member

Sounds to me like you’ve been done mate. There’s no way that something is in good condition if it’s got scratched stantions!
    I’d be doing the same as you.
    Did you pay via PayPal? You may have some recourse if you didn’t do it as a payment to friends etc.

teethgrinder

There will be a mob photo from The Simpsons along soon.

transporter13
    Free Member

Whoever sold it to you in that state is a grade A mongtard and should have no place on this forum.

Name and shame is the only way.

scotroutes

Not PayPal Gift I hope?

richpips
    Free Member

There will be a moob photo from The Simpsons along soon.

teethgrinder

rab5474
    Free Member

I’d rather not name and shame just yet, incase the seller puts it right, the scratches may or may not affect the operation / sealing only time will tell, the being childish comment was only one of the many commical phrases, i have asked for either a full or partial refund from paypal and am confident i will get a favourable outcome, as i have plenty of email evidence to show that the seller is not cooperating.

Cheezpleez

Pissweasel

iolo
    Free Member

I have been accused of being a conman and that i should live with it. I have given multiple chances to the seller to either partially or fully refund me, but have not been succesful. I have been forced to open a paypal dispute.

And you don’t want to name him? Seriously?

j40aja
    Free Member

I’d like to know who has done this to you to prevent them doing the same sort of thing to other members buying from them on the classifieds!

It’s one thing selling something that isn’t quite as described but what makes it worse is how they’ve reacted when the buyer questions the item’s condition. The least they should do is offer a full refund and pay for return postage if they want it back or partial refund if the buyer is happy to keep it but for a revised reduced price.

steveh

The cable is a non thing to me, I’d never fit anything cable driven to a new bike without a new cable. However scratches on the stanchion are a big think and you’re not being unreasonable.

jimmy

is the seller realman?

Haha, my first thought too. Buyer expresses displeasure at goods, gets accused of being aggressive / childish. Fits the bill.

chakaping
    Free Member

Could be mboy too though!

Hope you get it sorted without too much hassle Rab – **** like that spoil the classifieds for the rest of us.

PS. I rode that shock you sold me for the first proper session at the weekend and it was spot on. Saved my arse when I cocked up a jump in fact!

rab5474
    Free Member

What is realmans actual name as i cant find the sellers forum name.

@chakaping
    glad your happy with the shock.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If it looks worse than the pics then you have a case.

iolo
    Free Member

You bought from the classifieds here? How do you not know the forum name?

rab5474
    Free Member

He emailed me and i cant find original post

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Reply to a wanted ad?

I think I’m right in thinking that anybody can view the ads so theres no knowing the seller even has an account on STW?

A quick google of his email address may throw up something if you want to see if he is registered on here.

richpips
    Free Member

What’s the make and diameter of the seatpost?

bruneep

27.2 dropper post

richpips
    Free Member

27.2 dropper post

…..and the make?

northernmatt

Cable operated 27.2 post is probably either a gravity dropper or a KS Lev

hora
    Free Member

Unless he stated cut cable and marks then he’s needing a part refund or outing.

skids
    Free Member

Yeah, those defects shold be described, and it’s certainly not “good” condition, spares on repair would be more appropriate

batfink
    Free Member

the cut cable is an issue.

Would the scratches on the station be described as coming from wear-and-tear, or are they definitely “damage”?

rab5474
    Free Member

There are vertical scratches all the way round just above the seal head which i would say is from dirt getting trapped under the seal. I was expecting a post in good condition as it was described as only being 12 months old, and was serviced 5 months ago and not used since

carlos
    Free Member

Reading your post it definitely sounds as though you’ve been done.

Can you post up his pics against yours for comparison?

No doubt PayPal will side with you and it’ll get sorted but now and again these asshats pop up, take a chance and sometimes get away with off loading their POS, then ignore corespondance, hoping that the buyer will get bored and go away.

I hope you get it sorted

hora
    Free Member

PayPal? Tell the seller you’ll open a dispute and he can arrange collection at his cost.

wwaswas

PayPal? Tell the seller you’ll open a dispute

from the OP:

I have been forced to open a paypal dispute.

hora
    Free Member

Fail

nickjb
    Free Member

If it is a gravity dropper or tmars or similar then a few scratches will make little difference. Seems to be a lot blame at the seller. Do we know these aren’t minor cosmetic marks that you would expect on 2nd hand mtb part?

v666ern
    Free Member

So we’ve all agreed, without pics or evidence aside from OP’s side that they are in the right…is that the case…

im still unsure as to why you’ve started a thread on here for this

wtd ad
    reply’d
    stuff turns up – not as expected although pics were sent
    paypal dispute started

gets a mob together on here as back up?

😕

Stevet1
    Free Member

im still unsure as to why you’ve started a thread on here for this

because sometimes its possible to second guess yourself that what you think is not reasonable behaviour actually isn’t.

v666ern
    Free Member

i miss Jamie, he’d have sorted this by now and outed the OP as a cash converters manager or something obscure 😥

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Am i being unreasonable? Classifieds content’ is closed to new replies.