Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Am I being unreasonable – bike return content
  • atlaz
    Free Member

So I ordered a really cheap colnago world cup CX bike. Slightly misunderstood the description as it was a shop build and was flat bar not drop but that was my fault. What wasn’t my fault was the things not as per the description:

Groupset (105 in ad, got a mix of campag, 105 and an FC-R565 crankset), saddle (unbranded crap rather than selle italia), seatpost (10 quid crap, should have been deda), tyres (schwalbe not kenda but whatever) and the wheels are clearly factory seconds. The frame is smaller than they said but still fits however it adds to the pile of wrongness.

Bloke in shop says it’s my fault for not understanding why it was cheap. My response is it’s a shop clearance due to going online only so I assumed that was the price and when you publish a spec you need to deliver that spec. I was going to try to do a deal where they sorted me out the crankset for free and did me a cheap deal on drop bars and 105 shifters but now when I walk past the bike in my hallway it just pisses me off.

The bloke will do a refund but am I being just a bit mental by dropping the bike off rather than keeping it and getting it as I like it. I won’t get another chance for a Colnago CX bike for under 1000 quid (probably) but I mostly want rid now.

patriotpro
    Free Member

It’s tainted – Get rid.

ourmaninthenorth

Either decide clearly what you want (within reason) to make it right.

Or take the refund.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrblobby
    Free Member

If it was advertised as described would you still have brought it? If yes then keep it and maybe try and negotiate some upgraded bits. If no then send it back.

wwaswas

it’s not a CX bike if it’s got flat bars.

You’ll need to spend a lot on shifters to convert to drops.

weeksy

We can’t really answer… only you can.

You either want it or you don’t mate.

atlaz
    Free Member

If it was advertised as described would you still have brought it? If yes then keep it and maybe try and negotiate some upgraded bits. If no then send it back.

If the flat bars had been the only issue, no probs. 200e would have sorted that out but the rest of the stuff and their shitty attitude has just pissed me off. I’d rather eat the return postage but now I need to find a bloody bike box to get it back in the post as I collected from their now closed shop.

chakaping
    Free Member

it’s not a CX bike if it’s got flat bars.

You’ll need to spend a lot on shifters to convert to drops.

+1

And there will always be other bargains.

wwaswas

this looks like a good choice;

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/colnago-world-cup-20-disc-2013/

probably cheaper than sorting out what you have now to the same spec?

(they have the non-disk version for a bit less).

atlaz
    Free Member

Nah, I paid 1000e for what I have. Shifters, bars, cables and tape should cost me no more than 250e. So basically 1000 pounds for the lot fixed (if I could get them to give me the chainset free).

Bugger it, as patriot said, it’s tainted. Going back.

lank45
    Free Member

send it back, everytime you ride it you’ll be reminded of the headache and hassle, everytime you look at it you’ll want to cry. I had the same with a BMW I bought (motorbike not car), that blew up, that was some bad times, still have it but it took a looooooooooooong time to not resent having it! If they are £1550 new, and you’ll be looking at £1000 for the one which has been chucked together, keep an eye out for sales after Christmas or money off. 20% off voucher at Wiggle brings you close to the price you paid!

atlaz
    Free Member

On the plus side, I’ve now owned a Colnago so perhaps that itch has been scratched.

trail_rat
    Free Member

how long you had it , how much riding has it done ?

atlaz
    Free Member

5 days, never been ridden

jota180
    Free Member

If it was bought online, you don’t need a reason, just send it back – soon

trail_rat
    Free Member

just checking – y’know ….

some chancers on here ….

id send it back . its not the specification you bought at all ! – although one would argue you had sufficent chance to inspect by collecting from shop

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Am I being unreasonable – bike return content’ is closed to new replies.