Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Am I being unreasonable?
  • andybrad

So I purchased some rims. They were a good price and one was described as damaged but the other just stone chips.
    Now I’ve received them it appears that the undamaged rim is bent on the bead.(it’s flat on one side about 3/4″ in length)
    I’ve requested a refund from the seller and they’ve responded with the fact that I’ve got a deal and should be happy. Also (more concerning to me) is that this person now feels angry and upset.

So am I being unreasonable and should expect something like a bent bead to be usual wear and tear on a second hand rim?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not as described. Chase him.

nickjb
    Free Member

Pic?

geoffj

With a username like that, what did you expect?

mrmo
    Free Member

was it obviously damaged?

If not i would say your out of luck, it is the risk of buying second hand.

chakaping
    Free Member

They weren’t a great price if only one was supposed to be useable anyway.

Post a pic of the damage to the “good” one though please, so we can get all Judge Judy on this.

andybrad
    giantalkali
    Free Member

Pliers and an early night.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well that should have been described if the condition was discussed, but it looks par for the course with well-used rims and would probably hold air fine and ride OK as long as not flat-spotted too.

Is the other rim useable?

nickjb
    Free Member

No big deal IMO and easily missed by the seller.

scotroutes

It’s not ideal but looks fairly commensurate with a rim of that condition. I doubt it would have any actual effect.

However, if I was the seller and the purchaser wasn’t happy I’d be refunding (possibly with some discussion regarding postal fees in this instance).

andybrad

Fair enough, cheers folks.

Ho hum. Guess my expectations are higher than most

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Am I being unreasonable?’ is closed to new replies.