Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Am i being unreasonable?
  • Lummox

Recently i negotiated a sale for a rear wheel from pink bike, timeline goes as follows

Contacted seller after seeing advert advertising 'HOPE BULB REAR WHEEL £55' advert listed a rear wheel, tube and tyre.

seller replied saying wheel was £65

i said thanks but no thanks and walked away

seller responded agreeing to £55 (which was the original posted price)with no other conditions just price change.

I agreed to price, and i paid by paypal super quick to his (as i found out later mums) paypal using gift.

No wheel arrives for reasonable period, contact seller to enquire, seller tells me he hasn't posted as he's not had much money recently. I respond with a mail that said as i'd already paid him and therefore he has my money and i should have the wheel.

Still no wheel

I contact again, to which he replies the post office was having problems sending parcels, promises me it's posted and on it's way.

Wheel does finally arrive, minus tyre and inner tube, i contact seller asking where it is and draw his attention to the negotiated agreement on pinkike, i requested either a refund of £15 or the missing items, he apologises and promises to post after he's borrowed money from his mum.

His mum contacts me and say's the tyre and tube weren't included as he sold the wheel cheaper than he originally asked, i respond citing the negotiated agreement and the fact that i'd agreed on the price for all the items, not part of the items. i also said we could come to an agreement suiting all parties.

No answer from mummy or the seller for 4 days, which i find quite inflammatry.

So whatya reckon – let it go, or pester them on principle?

s
    Free Member

A hope bulb Rear wheel for £55, if its in good working condition is not a bad price to pay for a rear wheel is it?

I would move on…

santac
    Free Member

I'd say pester,but I think you'll only end up more pi***d off with them for not responding.I would try one more time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Lummox

well not pristine as there was only 1 spring in the freehub, but i do partially agree with your thinking, just something about it had riled me. i think it's the weeks of bull droppings

cranberry
    Free Member

I'd give him a final chance to sort things out, then a County Court Summons.

thomthumb
    Free Member

do you really want the tyre? if not let it go.

nedrapier

Accept the situation as it stands, but carry on pestering for the sport of it.

Lummox

trying to avoid sounding petty but it would have been good to get the tyre and tube too as it's a new build and every penny saved etc etc

I do feel bad, but i guess if the seller had been someone in their twentys+ not 16 i wouldn't feel an ounce of conscience, i'm thinking mother should honor juniors agreement and he should view this as a life lesson.

Or maybe i should learn the lesson and suck this loss up

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It doesn't matter if it was a good deal – it was the deal agreed – I would go after him relentlessly…

s
    Free Member

Yea, get heavy, bully the kid and his Mum, get onto small claims ffs!

or get on with your life……

coffeeking
    Free Member

Accept it lost, but pester for fun.

clubber
    Free Member

Find their address, burn the house, them, their pets and all relatives you can trace. It's the only reasonable response and only way they'll ever learn.

s
    Free Member

don't forget to wee in his shoes too………….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Isn't riding on a used tyre like wearing someone else's used pants ?

Dobbo

"I'd give him a final chance to sort things out, then a County Court Summons. "
    😆 Quality, way to go, hound him till he begs for mercy.

Drac

I'd really not worry about it myself the wheel came, yes tyre and tube were part of the deal but you got the expensive bits. Just make a post on Pinkbike warning he's not a good seller.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

As said pester him and his mother for fun! Be willing to chalk balls on it though. At the end of the day you sorting out this little shit could be the making of him becoming a fine upstanding person or a future super strong cider drinking chav!

I guess he has no dad on the scene as if that was me at 16 I would have got a clip round the ear and my dad would have sorted it out!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Isn't riding on a used tyre like wearing someone else's used pants ?

Simon, for the life of me I can't even begin to imagine how on earth you make that comparison….!

BigDummy
    Free Member

You are not being unreasonable, they are clearly in the wrong and I struggle to imagine how people think that sort of thing is right or decent. But £15/a tyre is simply not worth the aggravation in my book.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

…..but it's a matter of principle. Hound and pester 😀

z1ppy

all the correct responces on this thread except : go round and own him with bombers!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Pay another £5 into mummy's account. A couple of days later, email mummy asking where the magazines are because you're an avid collector granny p0rn.
    or just pwn them with a set of bombers

roundwheels
    Free Member

i have a number for a hit man if you want,this kind of thing has to stop

ourmaninthenorth

No need to pester mother and child. Just sign up their emails addys for mucho free pron.

Preferably of the octopus variety.

And then wait for the police to pay you a visit…. 😉

cranberry
    Free Member

Oh, I'm being nasty over £15 by demanding that someone honours a contract I know, but there'll be bleating on the forums if the scamming little shit gets away with it this time and later on decides to go for bigger stakes.

Also, I find it annoying when people in these situations lie repeatedly and think that you can't do anything about it.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Hanng on, bike stuff, boy living with mummy, no real grasp of reality

Lummox – serves you right for dealing with RudePaddedFred

Lummox

cheers for all the responces, some usefull and many amusing suggestions. Have emailed mummy asking for a response, but if nothing comes to light i think a bit of pink bike bad press should be enough.

Al

Stu

Is his dad called Lee? 😉

bent_udder
    Free Member

Could you go through PayPal dispute resolution? That might wake them up a bit.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

You are not being unreasonable, they are clearly in the wrong and I struggle to imagine how people think that sort of thing is right or decent. But £15/a tyre is simply not worth the aggravation in my book.

What he said. I know it's the principle of the thing but in this case I don't think it's really worth the hassle, even if you do get the tire at the end.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Am i being unreasonable?’ is closed to new replies.