Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Am I being too fussy? New Kaffenback
  • Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Just received my Kaffenback thanks to a quick turn around with Planet X and Yodel 😯

But while doing the handle bars etc I noticed this.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/w8c5eo]IMAG0677[/url] by stephen williams, on Flickr

am I being too fussy? Just not something I expect from a brand new bike, sadly it wont polish out 🙁 and I CBA with send it back really, dropped them a line to see what then can do!

Cheers, Steve

cynic-al
    Free Member

Eagle eyes!

Annoying but I know any bike of mine would have worse inflicted on it within days, a few quid off or similar would be a bonus.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Eyes like an out house rat me….

Yea lets see what they can do, after some single speed kit for the Singular now….

Cheers, Steve

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikeneil
    Free Member

I’d be more worried about a strangers reflection in the paintwork!

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Both shady looking chaps, the little one is likely to give it a meeting with the floor…

Cheers, Steve

showerman
    Free Member

what should i be looking at?

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

This scratch ere:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/w9RUHS]IMAG0675[/url] by stephen williams, on Flickr

Cheers, Steve

Superficial
    Free Member

If it was a posh brand, I’d be a bit irked too. But on a Kaffenback? GOI IMHO.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Did you pay a discounted price for a shop soiled, cosmetically damaged item? If it was mine it’d be going back (and it did, see lumbering London Road thread).

Yes you’ll probably damage it yourself in use, but you’ve already had the joy of owning a new bike undermined before it’s even started.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Sadly the Kaffenback is a posh brand for me 😥 I’m not too fused and am very happy with the bike, I just feel I would mention it at my LBS (who had a nice Cross Check sadly far too small!) if I got it from them, and they would sort it in someway. Just thought it was worth mentioning to PX.

Cheers, Steve

ton

life really is far too short to worry about trivial matters….imho.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

It maybe trivial but having 2 toddlers I don’t often get to spend a chunk of money on something new and shiny for myself, this is my 1st new bike since they brought out the 10th anniversary Orange Clockwork in Green (98?), and stuff I buy normally gets ends up damaged by the terrible 2, so it’s a bit disappointing to have something turn up already tarnished before I’ve taken it out in anger.
    TBH I dont expect anything brand new to turn up scratched really, I do buy shop spoiled but at least then I am told about the damage.

Cheers, Steve

Rorschach
    Free Member

You’ll soon forget about it if you just ride the bloody thing instead of opining on here incessantly.

downshep

It’ll be worse after the first ride. I’d live with it.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I will ride the bloody thing when I get a chance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Am I being too fussy? New Kaffenback’ is closed to new replies.