Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Am I being tight or are my holiday tyres for the bin?
  • godzilla
    Free Member

These High rollers have so far don’t two alpine holidays and I’m debating wether I can get this years out of them, or should I stop being tight,How shagged is shagged, I don’t know how long to leave a gravity tyre?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They look fine to me.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

They look fine to me. I’d use them. My guide last year had a High Roller on the rear that resembled a semi slick. Those are virtually new in comparison.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Put the top one on the back, buy a new front.
    Go on, treat yourself.
    That or take the cutters to them and say it’s a pro factory mod. 😀

Dibbs
    Free Member

Not much wear on the side knobs, do you only ride in straight lines? 😆

eskay

They look fine. I have ridden worse in awful conditions.

My favourite mtb tyre!

milky1980
    Free Member

My rear High Roller looked worse than that after my first morning in the Alps last year 🙂 Should get another week out of yours easily!!

_tom_
    Free Member

They look fine to me, better condition than the HR I took out to whistler with me 🙂

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

What were you doing for 2 weeks in the Alps? Riding to the shops? Those are immaculate!

Just taken this Minion off the back of mine;

Base compound not showing through just yet, so there’s probably a bit of life in it yet if I get desperate. I do prefer a loose back end though…

godzilla
    Free Member

Sweet, will be chuffed if i can get another week from them, im pretty lite on tyres and i rarely lock or drag my brakes, and yes i did ride to the shops on them too lol.

hora
    Free Member

OP pros used to cut down their HR to that sort of level

amedias
    Free Member

bottom one barely worn in, top one looks almost new, were you seriously considering junking them?

larrythelathe
    Free Member

i’ll have them if your binning them 😆

wavejumper
    Free Member

Yeah chuck them in my direction and get yourself some new tread. Positively lethal those HRollers. I’ll even waive the environmental disposal fee that car tyre companies like to charge you!

godzilla
    Free Member

The super tacky looks mint, it was more the chunks out of the rear 40a, i wasn’t going to literally throw it out but i would have got a new one if it was on its way out, i wouldn’t like to think i had buy a new tyre in resort,
    If you want the rear its free for collection mid Aug 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Am I being tight or are my holiday tyres for the bin?’ is closed to new replies.