Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • am i being thick? 456 carbon content
  • paulo6624
    Free Member

built my 456 carbon last week, i just cannot get my head around the cable routing for the rear mech – ive fitted it and its working but im far from happy with it any one else had this problem or do i just need lessons in cable routing ?

if you have got it running nicely pics would be cool, cheers as always.

snakebite
    Free Member

show yours first!!! 😆

paulo6624
    Free Member

no im shy

fadda

I know what you mean – the routing for the rear brake hose on mine is somehow not quite “right”. It works though, and I love riding it so much that I don’t care any more…! :-))

paulo6624
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong I like the bike and it’s not a deal breaker but just doesn’t seem right and I just wondered if I was missing something

Northwind

Can’t remember anything out of the ordinary with mine… medium with an X9 mech, all just went together like any other frame.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

building mine up at the mo too, same issue here

although they are fitted, not sure it’s right

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If you’re struggling with the cable routing, FFS don’t try fitting tapered steerer Rockshox to one!

That’s experience talking, is that……

🙂

brant
    Free Member

I have been looking through stuff today. It was set to be called the Mastiff at one point!

Northwind

Oh yeah, I do remember thinking that the frontmost cable guides are in weird places. I’ve ended up adding a wee bridging cable tie to keep the cables under better control.

bikeryder85
    Free Member

Brant, if you do a redesign of this frame, I hope you make the downtube look a bit more normal 😀 …just a thought, i love my steel one, but the upgrade is just a bit dog ugly for me (ghedit, hehe)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘am i being thick? 456 carbon content’ is closed to new replies.