Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Am I being stupid? Lazer Ultrax content
  • brian2
    Free Member

You know when you think you’re missing something obvious?
    I bought one of these helmets last year cos I liked the idea of the red flashing light on the back. Just so people could find me when I fell off a cliff in the dark and lay unconscious under a bush. Plus it’s a pretty cool back up for a rear light on the road.
    Anywhoo, I got it home, charged it up and….nowt. It flashes while in the charger, but as soon as it was disconnected…nowt. I advised the shop; pretty cool guys actually, they told me to send it back, they’d have a look and replace it if necessary. I eventually got a replacement light and charger sent, but it has exactly the same fault. To be honest, it had taken so long I just thought sod it; the helmet is a great fit; I’ll suck it up. I did advise the shop again, but they didn’t seem too bothered. But it is nagging me. I’ve checked for tape over the battery,(little rechargeable watch battery type thing) plus anything else which might have been put in to stop it discharging during storage, but there’s nothing obvious. Any ideas? Anybody??

bikeneil
    Free Member

I believe there were loads of faulty ones. All the new Ultrax’s now come with a reflector instead of an LED light at the back. Speak to Madison.

brian2
    Free Member

Thanks mate. I’d have thought the shop would have tried to sort it with Madison, and would have got some feedback from them when my issue was raised; but nothing. That’s why I thought I was missing something obvious. Pretty pisspoor service from them if that’s the case. I might try Madison, but the light has a reflective lens anyway, so I don’t suppose much will happen. Bit disappointed really, but heyho.

bikeneil
    Free Member

My LBS sent my Ultrax back to Madison for me. I upgraded to the Oasiz instead. Much happier.

brian2
    Free Member

Same cradle system? It’s brilliant. In the future, I’ll stick with my LBS, wor lass bought this for me as a birthday pressie when we were on a short break in the Peaks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Am I being stupid? Lazer Ultrax content’ is closed to new replies.