Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Am I being ripped off?
  • shakers
    Free Member

A couple of weeks ago my wife’s HTC Desire went dead, just stopped working, she was using it put it down for 10 mins picked it up again and it was dead. Its still under warranty so I sent it back to Virgin Media. I got a call today saying that it will be £65 to fix, when I question why there is a charge when it’s under warranty they said it was dropped or knocked and although the outside glass of the screen is not damaged and the case is unmarked they said that the inside layer of the screen has cracked leaking the liquid crystal.

My wife tells me that she did drop it a few months ago but that it was fine when she picked it up. my first reaction was i’m being ripped off, if you drop your phone it breaks right there not a few months later.

Someone has suggested that the drop might have damaged the inside of the screen, or slightly cracked it and that it didn’t fail until a few months later. I’m not sure I buy this.

Anyone else had something like this happen?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Hmm – do virgin phone contracts not some with insurance? I know mine does.

legend
    Free Member

do some phones not have shock sensors in them these days? If it does and its blown you’ve basically had it

PrinceJohn

sure I read about a batch that did that, might be worth a google.

shakers
    Free Member

No insurance that I’m aware of and no shock sensor as far as I can tell.

falkirk-mark

I think the insurance is just on the newer contracts. I got mine in the summer with no insurance but my daughter has insurance (bought september)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Am I being ripped off?’ is closed to new replies.