Viewing 24 posts - 201 through 224 (of 224 total)
  • Am I being an ungrateful sod? Centreparcs content
  • senorj

Ask your close friends/family if they’re around that weekend , if not, there may be a surprise….

I also got a bike for my 40th…..just saying. 😉

jamj1974

Deleted. Can’t be arsed to argue.

Bagstard
    Free Member

wobbliscott +1,

new babies aren’t easy on anyone, but probably hardest on your wife. My latest edition has been on a couple of cottage holidays since being born in May and our usual pre Christmas family bash at Longleet CP. There is something great about parking the car on the Friday and not going near it until Monday. One restaurant at CP had a complete range of complimentry baby food and everything you cold possibly need. You just walk everywhere and it is buggy friendly with a full range of comedy body art to laugh at when you swim.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I’d have to get used to the idea as that is what holidays look like from now on now we are a family.

Is it? Did you ask why? I’ve never heard of family holidays being restricted to centre parcs only.
    I feel your pain, if your wife wanted to go try the place then another time would have been more suitable rather than springing it on you for your birthday. In my opinion your wife is over thinking things and coming up with answers for problems that don’t exist.

Bah, I guess you’ll have to go now though.
    Edit: it might be good, I don’t know though we (me, wife and kids) have never been

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Can’t be arsed reading the whole thread so apologies if this had already bren mentioned. I’d be more concerned that my other half thinks centre parks is what I want for my 40th. Tbh I blame you for not booking your own family holiday. I’ve already told my Mrs for my 40th I’m booking a chalet in Morzine for 2 weeks in summer and the bikes/kids will be taken.
    But seen as its too late for that, tell your Mrs thanks for booking somewhere with such good mtbing in the area and spend a couple of hours every other day on the bike. I actually think you’ll enjoy it-kids may be young but they love new/different environments and they’ll be knackered and sleep while you go out on the bike spend some time with the other half.

chestrockwell

A point that seems to be missed is that his wife knew he hated cp as he’d been before. What she actually knew was that he hated a spa day, which is a bit different.

Squidlord
    Free Member

earn some brownie points

/sniggers

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

A lot of women become seduced by the idea of the perfect family. My wife seems to have this vision of me happily pushing a trolley full of flowers around a garden centre while we spend hours choosing garden ornaments.

Garden centres. 😡

Send me to Center Parcs anytime.

wors

I’ve already told my Mrs for my 40th I’m booking a chalet in Morzine for 2 weeks in summer and the bikes/kids will be taken.

Wayhey, great minds 😆

johndoh
    Free Member

FWIW, my wife took me to Krakow for my 40th so I could visit Auschwitz (a long-held wish).

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Waterslides are fun.
    MILFs on waterslides are funner.

I really need to go to Center Parcs again…

wilko1999
    Free Member

My wife bought me a new BMX and a FoD uplift day for my 40th. Not to be used at the same time mind

In terms of being ungrateful, everyone has pretty much summed up all the possible responses. Currently I can’t decide which side of the fence I’d go, so I’m sitting on it instead.

MrSmith
    Free Member

A point that seems to be missed is that his wife knew he hated cp as he’d been before. What she actually knew was that he hated a spa day, which is a bit different.

but i expect the OP and others would happily book a nice spa hotel weekend for the other half’s 40th and while it’s not their ideal way to spend a weekend you get a happy partner and relaxing weekend.
    is it too much to expect a similar compromise for his birthday in return?

philjunior
    Free Member

Unfortunately women in our society aren’t brought up to buy decent presents.

That said, obviously she’s done it with good intentions and you should go along and see if you can enjoy yourself (you will, family will be there, and you are allowed in and out!).

Don’t forget to book a nice weekend away somewhere more suitable for your needs for her birthday surprise though, if this hasn’t been suggested several times already.

ourmaninthenorth

Sounds like Mrs cheers_drive has had advice from others (in the context of her being a new mother and wanting family friendly) or it’s a surprise party.

The former is understandable, but the latter is unforgivable.

Anyway, time for the OP and his wife to resolve this like adults.

BoardinBob

Unfortunately women in our society aren’t brought up to buy decent presents.

Wow. I’m amazed you’re able to post this on the internet seeing as you appear to live in 1872

wilko1999
    Free Member

philjunior see my post two above yours. Plus quite a few others on the last page as well

cheers_drive

Some people have read far too much in to my OP. I talked to my wife yesterday and I understand her reasoning, even if CP wouldn’t be my first choice. We will be going as a family and will have a relaxing weekend.
    So what should I get my wife for her birthday in April…

mattbee

Just a card & blame me.

wrecker
    Free Member

Antur Stiniog uplift weekend!!!!!!

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

get the wife a trip to centre parcs.. i think she’ll love it ( just putting it out there !) 🙂

Although a new titanium frame might be better

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’m glad my Wife is into biking as much as me! 🙂

She’d never make me go anywhere I didn’t want to.

MoreCashThanDash

Just realised the last decent birthday or Christmas present I got off the wife was before we had kids. Eldest now 12……

Cougar

A new bike, clearly.

Viewing 24 posts - 201 through 224 (of 224 total)

The topic ‘Am I being an ungrateful sod? Centreparcs content’ is closed to new replies.