Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Am I being a big F**king bike tart?
  • tazzymtb

having just slimmed the collection down significantly I'm starting to get the "need a new bike" pixie whispering in my ear again.

One of the bikes I still have is a 2009 mount vision frame that has been built up to as light as it can usefully be, it's an ace bike but it's a lardy frame for the 120mm travel.

Do I keep it or buy a 2nd hand Ellsworth epiphany or moment frame and up the travel of the frame for a lighter or similar weight as I'm currently running or just put up with a great bike that's pig ugly?

It's got to be gopping if I'm considering an Ellsworth as a better looking alternative.

can anyone think of any other less mainstream lightweight(ish) frames with 5-6" travel?

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

On-One 456?

tazzymtb

I'm kind of on-oned out TBH, I've just got a scandal 29er left. fancy a boingy bottom for long days in the mountains.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

In answer to your heading, you're not being a bike tart.
    They want to buy good looking bikes over weight or performance, because they're pretty.
    You seem to want a bike that rides well too.
    What about a Nicolai RC?

thekingofsweden

Get some niche in your life you know we broke you ! :-)))

Your just in denial over it

J

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

Get a Nomad or something like that, proper all rounder for UK and abroad.

You don't neeed it but so what!

tazzymtb

KOS- yep you made my inner niche goblin start shouting again ya buggers! even my lightweight 29er single speed is feeling too common now 😥

anyone tried a Pivot mach 5?

flamejob
    Free Member

Out of interest (purely for sciences' sake) what do you weigh?

singlespeedstu

I still keep thinking about the Turner Sultan I had out on test…

tazzymtb

flamejob- I'm 73.5kg and 5ft10 n a bit with low body fat. unfortunately from a cycling point of view the muscle distribution is the wrong way round for years of bouldering where big upper body little chicken legs was ideal, so I'm trying to slowly even it out.

So no I'm not a bit fat B**tard who should be riding a heavy fat boys bike if that's what you were gently getting at 😀

flamejob
    Free Member

ok tazzy; just checking; I remember a thread a while back about an 18 stoner trying to get his 6" bike below 30lbs 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Am I being a big F**king bike tart?’ is closed to new replies.