Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Am i aloud to ask??
  • proflexforever
    Free Member

if there’s something i am interested in buying,on the forum but i know its cheaper to buy new.
    can i ask (without being reported)

“hey i really want to buy your *****, but i can get it cheaper new could you drop the price for me?

im not spoiling the ad by saying how much the new one is etc
    and im interested in buy the item.
    what say you?

mogrim

I say “allowed”. <pedantmodeoff/>

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Just buy it cheaper new, but do it quietly

stevied
    Free Member

Or just email them..

cp

According to the rules, the seller should have an email address. So email them, and if they don’t have an email then report them.

stupid new rule imo.

emac65
    Free Member

It’s easy – “Oi stupid, I can buy a new one of these cheaper than what you are asking for it” & then make an offer………..

Ok,so it might be better to leave the oi stupid bit out …..

PiknMix
    Free Member

make them an offer, that’s still in the rules (the rules are starting to suck a little bit btw mods)

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Have I missed something? Why would you want to buy it off the forum if you can buy it cheaper new? In answer to your question, just ask, but not sure why you’d go to the hassle.

jekkyl

With the money you save buy a dictionary too.

stevied
    Free Member

^ 😆

Pieface

Why buy second hand when its cheaper new and I assume warrantied?

hitman
    Free Member

Girls Allowed 🙂

scaredypants

report the ad to mods as being offensive to you – it’s the only way to get things done

ampthill

Presumably you want to buy the used item as you believe that you can negotiate a price lower than the new price

soobalias
    Free Member

its folk asking ‘new’ prices for second hand parts that has pretty much stopped me looking in the classifieds nowadays.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

As far as I am aware its only a problem if you say it in the thread. What you say in the email is up to you.

Its only ad spoiling in the ad.

soobalias
    Free Member

allowed

thehustler
    Free Member

TBF in the interests of ‘community’ if you see something second hand being sold for more than the new price why shouldn’t it be pointed out?

yossarian
    Free Member

Threaten to leave unless someone gets banned.

Mantastic
    Free Member

How come you have managed to survive this far in life if you don’t know the answer to your question. I shout troll

soobalias
    Free Member

the hustler – the community’s overlords (in case you missed the memo) have caved in to the incessant whining by nefarious traders who dont like it when their reprehensible activities are flagged up to the “common sense poor but cash rich” forumites, on whom they prey.

nick1962
    Free Member

Just start a PSA thread with a link to the new item 😉

Kryton57

I think the rule exists to stop un-interested party’s doing that TBH.

If you are a genuine potential buyer, what you’re doing is called “negotiating”. In that circumstance I don’t thinks its unfair for you to point out you can buy a new warrantied item cheaper than the seller, and ask them to come down in price to reflect that.

Just don’t do it if you aren’t intending to buy is what I interpreted the new rule as.

alpin
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member

With the money you save buy a dictionary too.

Yeah, and when he buys one it might have a section in it about basic grammar. You could benefit from it[u],[/i][/u] too.

😉

proflexforever
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member

alpin – Member

Screw you, I am dyslexic.

birney29
    Free Member

Would dyslexia not cause you to spell the right word incorrectly, rather than using the wrong word to start with?

Genuine question, no offence meant.

proflexforever
    Free Member

The “what say you” bit at then end was because i was watching Lord of the rings last night and he says that in the film..i just thought it was funny..obviously not..lol

nealglover
    Free Member

How come you have managed to survive this far in life if you don’t know the answer to your question. I shout troll

Have you read the forum rules ?

“life” has one set of rules, and I’m sure the OP understands them well enough.

But this Forum has a slightly different set (for some reason?) that you don’t seem to have read.

(But will pretend you have more than likely 😉 )

wrecker
    Free Member

the hustler – the community’s overlords (in case you missed the memo) have caved in to the incessant whining by nefarious traders who dont like it when their reprehensible activities are flagged up to the “common sense poor but cash rich” forumites, on whom they prey.

Jolly well put!

alpin
    Free Member

Screw you, I am dyslexic.

Yet your grammar is of a higher standard than that of the man who derises your choice of words.

Win.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Am i aloud to ask??’ is closed to new replies.