Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Am I about to be shafted by a classified WTD?
  • Wally

Posted up a WTD in classified

WTD POST: Bernaard is NOT the chap who has emailed me!! I am sure he is fine.
    Get email " I am having difficulties logging on – but I have what you need, send me your money" (note NOTHING to do with Bernaard)

I reply, Ohh how fab, how can I pay…but then just to answer that nagging worry I ask for forum name"

"td66" is the reply "but I post very rarely"- Can I find him on the Advanced Search options? er no.

If this is a scam – why is he so happy to give me an address to send a cheque to?
    Am I being a muppet, way too paranoid and does he really exist? td66 where are you?

soobalias
    Free Member

and whats wrong with the bernaaard one?

wwaswas

well, bernaard has an email address in hisprofile – is that the one you're communicating with?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Wally

Please leave Bernaard well alone – has nothing to do with it.
    It is a direct email from a person of user name "td66" that I want to check up on before parting with cash.

Just feel a bit wary of sending cheque to any Tom Dick or Harry who asks for one. Even with a name and address to send it to. But may be I am daft and a worry pot.

BERNAARD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. (sorry for shouting)

wwaswas

ah, thought someone was pretending to be bernaard.

get some pics and, tbh, if it's only £20 or so take a punt.

Wally

My thoughts were – email user name to check it is them and then get photo and send money- I am completely falling at the first hurdle of finding "td66" – It's £25, too much for me to lose willy nilly.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Google his email and his address

Email will bring up facebook, myspace etc (possibly)

Address could bring up other problems

If in doubt, don't in this situation.

miketually
    Free Member

You can't find a user called td66? Have you tried just changing the username on any profile?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/profile/td66

Now you've got a username, your money is safe. After all, anyone can buy a house but you need ID to create a user account 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

dont shout at bernaard, its hardly his fault now is it.

Wally

Hurray. thanks Mike. Thought it was user error.
    I thought STW user accounts were the key to life and happiness. 🙂
    sorry Bernaard – I did try to make it very clear that this had nothing to do with you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Am I about to be shafted by a classified WTD?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts