Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Am i a WD40 addict?
  • rossi46
    Free Member

Dunno what it is, but i just gotta smell it. I used to be a bike mechanic in an indy bike shop so maybe thats it!
    Lately i’ve taken a liking to Yoshimoto- it has a lovely crayon like aroma,its also a really good chain lube and only a fiver for a bloody great can. Dosent wash off in the wet either!

Anyone else got some weird bike related fetish?

vdubber67
    Free Member

Always thought it was a no-no to use WD40 on a bike as it destroyed grease (like in headsets etc)? Prefer the smell of GT85 as well! 🙂

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Hmmm, GT85 😆 almost as good a high as toluene solvent.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Wd40 smells a lot different to how it used to, have a ratch in a pensioners garage & see if you can find an old school can……nectar!

Onzadog
    Free Member

GT85 for the win. Smells better than most of the aftershave I get for Christmas.

rossi46
    Free Member

Always thought it was a no-no to use WD40 on a bike as it destroyed grease (like in headsets etc)?

You are right of course, but WD or GT is great for shining up your frame!!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

GT85 for me. I squirt it under my armpits instead of Lynx, and the added lubrication makes my arms move faster when running.

coffeeking
    Free Member

WD is great for leaving a nasty coating that gathers dust and needs cleaning again!

rossi46
    Free Member

Just ventured out to the shed- i agree GT85 does definately smell the bestest!

epicyclo

Spray WD40 on anything you want to degrease, leave for a minute or two, then use the degreaser for a good job.

Yup like the smell.

philconsequence
    Free Member

are you smoking or injecting it? until you’re mainlining it into your neck then there’s no need to worry.

Macavity
    Free Member

The smell of WD40 is not intrinsic it is added just give it a smell (similar idea to methane / natural gas). WD40 call it ‘Stenched’.

rossi46
    Free Member

Hi Phil- nope not smoking it (might be fun to try!!) and im definately not injecting it, and im not using it as a substitute for deodorant either. I think my wife would have issues with that!
    I just have to smell it once a week and im happy……

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Am i a WD40 addict?’ is closed to new replies.