• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by lex.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Am I a superhero?
  • lex
    Free Member

Ok. Got some new wheels (hope hoops 29er crests) and had a lot of fun getting the tyres on. (conti mountain kings)

So. I go for a roll and both wheels have a wobble in them. Have I gorilla’ed them? Is that possible with my bare hands? Or am I looking at a replacement pair? (would be a huge ball ache)

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Lex

highclimber
    Free Member

its the tyres, not the wheels.

z1ppy

I’d imagine it’s more about the tyres not sitting correctly on the rims, than you’ve managed to knacker your rims.

Use a pensil pressed against your fork leg/frame to see if the rim is wobbling.

lex
    Free Member

I think the tyres are seated fine. Beads are the same all the way round. Quick check with a finger nail steadied against the frame suggests that the rims are out.

Tom83

Did you check to see if the rims were straight before?

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

I have the same wheels and same problem, tyres are seated correctly but theres a noticable wobble, i still road it anyway.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

The spokes on Stans rims tend to lose tension when you inflate the tyre, its possible that this has caused the wobble.

steve_b77
    Free Member

If they’ve been built correctly in the first place, Stans rims are designed to have their final tension once a tyre has been seated & inflated. Then removed and the final true up done

I reckon it’s a dodgy build, so I’d be taking them back. Considering mine were fine for 8 months until I bent the front one in a crash.

lex
    Free Member

I assumed that they were straight when I got them.

Internet purchase from ‘wobble’ so returning them is going to be an a*Se. Might just ge lbs to do it and suck up the cost.

Thanks all, although I’m a bit disappointed to learn that I’m not a hero.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Am I a superhero?’ is closed to new replies.