Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Am I a grumpy old man for hating all the litter at Swinley Forest?
  • CliveA

Enjoyed my first daylight Swinley ride for years on Saturday.

Lovely weather, massively improved trails and lots of fun.

But what is it about Swinley Forest and the bloody litter?

Why do some people feel it’s OK to leave their food and drink wrappings cluttering up a beautiful forest? It really pisses me off.

(And yes, I know what’s coming next. Before any smart Alec asks, I did. Until my pockets and bag were full. Shame I had to, though.)

BigDummy
    Free Member

No, you are not a grumpy old man. Littering is pathetic.

Spongebob
    Free Member

The message of putting litter in the correct place was drummed into us at school some 30 plus years ago.

Some people are too stupid to realise the sheer mess they are making of our environment for their breathtaking laziness.

I rode a 16 mile loop yesterday. The verges on the busier sections were littered with beer cans, sweet wrapped, takeaway cartons and all manner of detritis.

I propose a £1000 fine for littering or 200 hours community service if you haven’t got the cash.

Too many selfish idiots out there need teaching a lesson.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    poppa
    Free Member

I really can’t stand littering.

MrSmith
    Free Member

no. have got into arguments there with so called ‘adults’ idly throwing their rubbish on the ground who said
    “other people leave it why should i take mine home”

a friend was visiting relatives in greece and walked to the top of a small mountain with his brother and older cousin, took about 2hrs to get to the top.
    back at the bottom his cousin asked “where is the drink can and the foil from round the sarnies?”
    “up there” was the reply.

so back up they went!
    he was only about 8-9 at the time and hasn’t dropped any litter since.
    people don’t give a toss anymore. litter shouldn’t exist.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i must be a grumpy old man as well at the age of 22!! i hate litter!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

used to take bin bags down to bolehills to clear that up a bit, doesnt work, some people are just idiots.

Mister-P
    Free Member

If you can carry bottles and wrappers when they are full you can carry when they are empty. It is a symptom of the lack of respect that a growing number of folk in the country have.

sofatester
    Free Member

Gash gets stowed away, if not you get a beasting 👿

Ignorance and laziness is what causes the problem.

Now, where is my bin bag…

MrNutt
    Free Member

I dunno, gives it a kind of “urban” edge. I blame the walkers!

(and the Smiths and those bloody foreigners, the Doritos)

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

OI!!!

‘YOUFCUKINGDROPITYOUFCUKINGEATITYOUFCUKINGCNUT!!’

Delivered at a screaming roar. At no more than arms length 😀

I HATE littering. Don’t know about you guys, but in London it’s become a real problem. People do it so casually.

Degenerate scum.

Count
    Free Member

Clive’s preferred FR run at Swinley this weekend:

Count
    Free Member

that’s a “river” btw, not a road…

WipeOut
    Free Member

I agree with CliveA, it’s bloody annoying.

CliveA

Mind you, that is an amazing picture!

CliveA

A few Swinley souvenirs:

adstick
    Free Member

I was shocked by the amount of rubbish on Babymaker a couple of weeks back, but then seemingly so was everyone else I saw there (young and old). It’s nothing like as bad anywhere else I ride in the SE. Why Swinley?

flamejob
    Free Member

We normally pick up a couple of lucozade bottles on the way round, and have in the past done a quick tidy up around the jump gully.

I am afraid I think its the teenagers. [/oldman]

CliveA

Just heard about this solution on the radio: Write the buggers’ names on the wrappers when they buy them!

Maybe everyone arriving at Swinley should have their name/car reg written on their Lucozade bottles as they enter the car park…

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Why do some people feel it’s OK to leave their food and drink wrappings cluttering up a beautiful forest? It really pisses me off.

sadly its everywhere, i just can’t comprehend the mentality. i have to drive down a country lane to get to the kid’s school, this morning i was fuming because a 15m or so stretch of the hedge is literally plastered with McDonalds litter. looks like a car full of people, poss even a minibus – there is that much – simply bunged the lot out the window. i was tempted to go bag the lot and take it to mcdonalds and dump it on the counter, but of course if i did i’d be the one who would get in trouble.

scaredypants

Write the buggers’ names on the wrappers when they buy them!

that old dear’s had a GREAT idea. maybe macdonalds etc should be made to do the same for drive-by lardings

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Am I a grumpy old man for hating all the litter at Swinley Forest?’ is closed to new replies.